Oh boy, we stepped in it now!

jimhd89

20+ Posts
Jan 4, 2010
n.e. Pa. Whitehall
Hello everyone. We are happy to share that yesterday Mary and I went up to the trike builder and put the money down to order our champion kit for our 08 hd flht. Gave them our side cover to match paint (crimson red sunglow). Due to our budget we will do the reverse kit later.

Thanks to the information threads that" ultraboy" has in regards to front end rake with tri-glide trees. I hope to go that route for steering,but need to do more reading.
Mary and I are very excited! Will be ready by early march. Very happy to be part of TT and are learning more as we go. :D Jim and Mary :Flag:

Congrats on the order, now again a new trike will be born:D

So U have to keep us advised as to how it is going and of course some pictures, we love pictures....

Lots of good information on the board that will save U time and money.

I am happy for the both of you. I am sure you will have lots of fun on your new trike when it is finished. Pictures lots of pictures if you will.

U didn't have reverse on the bike so why do u absolutely need it on a trike . they are 10 times easier to back up than a full dress Harley.

Hello everyone: Thanks for all the kind words. We will post pictures when we get it . Yes I may be able to not need reverse but I have some health problems where it might be handy.

The last trike I owned was in 1975. It was a 1968 hd 45 cu.in.,3speed with reverse,electric start.It had crager mags,J60 tires in rear,21" front wheel. Top speed was 57 down hill with a good tail wind.Cornering was fun,when the front wheel would stop hopping around you go. I was in my 20s then,young and not to smart.:D Thanks again,ride safe. Jim and Mary:Flag:

Congrats you will love it. The ride will not be anything like the service car of old other than it has 3 wheels. The reverse is an easy install if you get a Champion or AIM kit. they install almost the exact same way. 2 to 3 hours work I need to do mine and it was the first time doing one. A professional could probably to it in a solid 2. The thing that makes it easier to install during the build is getting the exhaust out of the way to get the Transmission door cover off.

Tmigala: Thanks for the tips on the reverse install. I hope to get the trike sometime in march, will do the front end in may, then pratice driving 3 wheels.
Make it safe before my sweetheart wife climbs on. Thanks for the congrats and be safe. Jim & Mary :)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Balcy24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Balcy24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png