Bigger front tire on triglide?

Sep 11, 2014
Mansfield Pa
I have a 2013 TriGlide, Been thinking of going to the Freewheeler because of looks,But Im afraid of giving up my Fairing, So Maybe I could make my trike look cooler.. Has anyone but a bigger wheel on front,, And if so does that change the handling any,, Thanks

FWIW The Freewheeler comes with the quick clip brackets already installed for the windshield. You just have to buy the windshield. My Dealer said they saw the brackets and called the factory to say the windshield was missing! NOT!!!!! ROFLMAO

Bob :Dorag:

im just the opposite . I would like to throw my faring in the ditch some where and go to a clip on windshield. but then I would have no place for the gauges and switches . :Meds:

I am coming from a Road King and may be going to a FW...add a windshield, crash bar and lowers...driver passenger and drivers backrest and don't forget the luggage rack...you will be good to go...FWIW...Reckless Fairings makes a radio for a windshield...

I have a 2013 TriGlide, Been thinking of going to the Freewheeler because of looks,But Im afraid of giving up my Fairing, So Maybe I could make my trike look cooler.. Has anyone but a bigger wheel on front,, And if so does that change the handling any,, Thanks

like Jim, I have thought about a BIGGER FRONT TIRE, not a windshield or fairing, but something noticeably bigger. I would thing it would handle better, not that a TG handles bad now and I thing it would look great.

like Jim, I have thought about a BIGGER FRONT TIRE, not a windshield or fairing, but something noticeably bigger. I would thing it would handle better, not that a TG handles bad now and I thing it would look great.

BIGGER as in taller or wider or both ? I do know there is a BIG change when going from tall and skinny to a smaller -wider tire . the tall skinny wanted to follow the groves in the road surface. even worse in the rain, but LOOKS better to me.

BIGGER as in taller or wider or both ? I do know there is a BIG change when going from tall and skinny to a smaller -wider tire . the tall skinny wanted to follow the groves in the road surface. even worse in the rain, but LOOKS better to me.

I was thinking mostly wider, a little taller would be ok, but NOT those monster tall things. I saw a TG with a 21" front a while back and while it looked OK I changed my mind as I watched it scrub the pavement while the driver tried to make a slow tight turn. A wider front may also help with tire wear. I have also been looking into Leading Link front ends, it uses a car tire and is supposed to handle great, but I would like to see one in person to see what they really look like.

I was thinking mostly wider, a little taller would be ok, but NOT those monster tall things. I saw a TG with a 21" front a while back and while it looked OK I changed my mind as I watched it scrub the pavement while the driver tried to make a slow tight turn. A wider front may also help with tire wear. I have also been looking into Leading Link front ends, it uses a car tire and is supposed to handle great, but I would like to see one in person to see what they really look like.

And what about seats,, I wanted a solo seat but cant find one, Want one thats more comfortable and would love heated

this is completely out of my wheel house. had a friend that put the car tire on the back of his gold wing 2 wheeler. the bike would try to stand up straight if he gassed it in a corner. don't have any idea on the front. his wing would stay upright at a stop with out a kick stand !

I like the looks of the New Harley Enforcer Wheels: 19" Front and 15" Rear and think it would really make the trike look sharp. Thinking of those or Performance Machine Wheels with a 18" Front and Rear. ;)

If you want to see a leading link front end with a car tire, Google Eurowing..it's a GW trike with that front end. I test road one a few years ago, only thing I noticed was it was more sensitive to driver imput...not bad, but noticeable

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png