Ruger LCP

Papa Zook

Staff member
Dec 14, 2007
Conroe, Texas
LOTS of guns of all kinds circulating in SE Texas, so yesterday I found a mint LCP in the box at a great price off TexasGunTrader.com. Its a late gen one pre-2013 model though so I'm wondering if there are any recalls or feeding issues I need to be aware of?

I took it to the range and put a dozen rounds through it to get a feel for it and found it to be real snappy but I like it. I wish the trigger was better though, wondering if there is there a decent trigger mod that's worth doing? I plan on carrying it primarily in my front pocket so I'm looking at pocket holsters. Any suggestions?

No recalls I am aware of and never had any feeding issues in mine whether Target FMJ's or Hornady Critical Defense rounds.
DeSantis Super-Fly Pocket Holster ThumbUp
No idea on any Trigger Mods. Took a bit to get accustomed to the "unique" Action but no issues with it now.
Would suggest a Pearce or similar Short Mag Extender. Made a noticeable difference for me.

Overall very pleased with the little devil and carry it more often and more comfortably than my Cell Phone. Sure you will be too. Nice buy.

Sounds like a good deal Zook. I carry a Glock 42 in a small pocket or belt holster combined with a spring steel clip. Bought it from the NRA store. Fits perfect. Would probably fit the Ruger also. Has NRA imprinted in it, it is a light Tan color.
The XDS is just a hair to big for it, but will still work. Good luck in finding one.

- - - Updated - - -

Looked it up Zook, its SA334 NRA Homeland Slide Holster $28.95. Comes in Black or Tan.

carry one always on trips with the bike or long trips with the car. They have all kinds of Holsters too pick from. I carry mine on the inside of my belt type holster. Light weight and I actually forget I have it on sometimes.....No trigger mods to get for it. Some of my friends have gotten a beammer for it. Around $100. :Coffee:

• Admin
Would suggest a Pearce or similar Short Mag Extender. Made a noticeable difference for me.

First thing I did was to go to Academy and buy a spare mag with the extender. ThumbUp

I carry a Glock 42 in a small pocket or belt holster combined with a spring steel clip. Bought it from the NRA store. Fits perfect. Would probably fit the Ruger also. Looked it up Zook, its SA334 NRA Homeland Slide Holster $28.95. Comes in Black or Tan.

Rod, I looked at the NRA holster, but I'm liking the look and reviews of the CrossBreed SuperTuck or the MiniTuck as a backup to the front pocket holster I'm getting. The CrossBread IWBs look super comfortable.

• Admin
carry one always on trips with the bike or long trips with the car. They have all kinds of Holsters too pick from. I carry mine on the inside of my belt type holster. Light weight and I actually forget I have it on sometimes.....No trigger mods to get for it. Some of my friends have gotten a beammer for it. Around $100. :Coffee:

There is a trigger and spring mod from Galloway HERE. Beammer? You talking about a laser sight?

Thanks Sully, lots of inventory on that site!

Speaking of Laser sights, I almost opted for the S&P Bodyguard due to the built in laser, but I just couldnt pass on the LCP deal and the laser sights for the LCP seem to have come down in price. Any recommendations on a laser sight?

LaserMax over the Crimson Trace.
regarding the specific LCP application.

You wanting a true "Pocket" Holster or an IWB?

If IWB type, check out Bear Creek Holsters in New Braunfels, TX http://www.bearcreekholsters.com/
Had him make an IWB with custom variations for my XDs and it is phenomenal ThumbUp
He makes several types and styles for the LCP as well as many other Sidearms.

Wow! Bidness is a Boomin' for him.
Only a 6 week wait when I got mine.

Definitely check out the Desantis for the pocket holster.
The "super-fly" coating is great and keeps it in place inside the pocket when Weapon is drawn.
Also comes with an extra Attachment piece to prevent printing in certain types of Garments if needed.

Also check out the Leather Concealment Vests made by FMC. Got mine from Iron Pony. Top quality and has built in Holster Strapping into both inside vertical opening pockets. No issues with printing regardless of size of Weapon (within reason of course).

Wow there is some interesting holsters here. Just got two new holsters from Wright Leather Works LCC. One for my Glock 27 and for my Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry. These are outstanding Predator Pancake Holsters, outside the waistband and high and tight. Takes 8 to 10 weeks to get them. The Best I've ever had. Take a look at this site.

There is a trigger and spring mod from Galloway HERE. Beammer? You talking about a laser sight?

Can't say anything about the LCP trigger mod from Galloway. I can say that the LC9 trigger mod from Galloway was much better than the factory trigger.

Galloway has great customer service, lot of good information on RugerForum.net about Galloway Precision.

Hope this helps in your decision.

6bull

Can't say anything about the LCP trigger mod from Galloway. I can say that the LC9 trigger mod from Galloway was much better than the factory trigger.

Galloway has great customer service, lot of good information on RugerForum.net about Galloway Precision.

Hope this helps in your decision.

6bull

I guess a trigger mod isn't a must have on the LCP, I just need to practice some 3-5 yard draw and shoot to get decent groups. For safety reasons, the range I tested at doesn't allow draw and shoot. When the adrenaline is flowing the trigger pull would not be the issue, but hitting the target would be.

My old LCP trigger pull was long. Too long for my comfort.

Doing a trigger mod would mean leaving yourself open to prosecutor interrogation if you are put in a position to use it for defense. So my propensity is to leave my hand guns alone.

Even the ammo I carry is not more critical than what our Police or Sherri's department would use. Once again, to defend a prosecutor's attack that your actions were reckless causing the death of another. (In other words if you used Zombie Killer ammo and it ripped the bad guy to shreds so he bleed out faster you could be prosecuted for premeditated acts.)

Randy... although I sold my LCP I found that a vest carry would lean your vest to one side. Pocket holsters such as a Uncle Mike's didn't give good trigger protection and in a scuffle was hard to draw. If you haven't already take a look at the mini tuck by Crossbreed or Alien Holster Co. Even the new appendix carry with a LCP is pretty cool.

Here's their pocket rocket if you want to pocket carry. Much safer than a weak pouch material.

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/H...wer/tabid/113/slug/Pocket-Rocket/Default.aspx

It takes a few weeks of constant wear to break one in but after that you forget you are wearing it.

It squeaks when you walk.

When you get a CrossBreed grab yourself a shaker of Baby Powder. Rub it in on the front of the holster and under the belt clips. Stick a few felt pieces on the back of the clips. It will stop the break in squeaks. Do not use any type of oils or saddle soap.

Me and Marge went to Harbor Freight in Houston yesterday to get a floor jack that was on sale, was there for 15 minutes and came out to find my truck was broken into and my Ruger LCP was gone. 10:30 AM in a busy strip center in north Houston. They tried to steal my whole damn truck but I guess the anti theft system stopped them, but not before they trashed my dash, steering column and locked glove box. Had to have the truck towed to the Chevy dealership and get a rental car till its fixed. I'm pissed!

Yeah there was one directly behind where we were parked but pointing to the side so there wasn't a direct view. Apparently this is so common in Houston, the cops dont even send a car out for a report, they just take the info over the phone. My truck has a factory alarm and anti-theft but that didn't stop them. I'll be investing in a real alarm system with instant remote notification to my cell phone and the gun will not stay in the truck next time.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LTRuf

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LTRuf
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png