Newby

Jan 11, 2010
Denton, TX, USA
I am new here, with no ride as of yet. I am in the research and planning stages, with the ultimate goal to be a trike I can ride with my wife. I am a pretty big guy 6'4 300+ between us we would add 500 lbs to the ride. I am really thinking in terms of a Harley at this point, but I am open to other options.

The floor is open for advice.

Old Newby

Hi there, Old Newby. Welcome! You are at the right place for lots of ideas and opinions. Ask all the questions you need to---we've got a lot of experienced and knowledgeable folk on this forum :)

Hi Oldnewby
I know what you are going through.Ihad my Goldwing triked last August after pricing and planning for almost two years.(Motor Trike) My only regret is waiting so long.You will get a lot of help on this forum. GOOD LUCK

oldnewby welcome aboard. If you go the Harley route I would suggest a conversion. You will want to take advantage of maybe dropping a tooth on the pulley (read about it in the Harley Forum). This will help get you moving when you are riding 2 up. You also might want to have the engine worked on with maximum torque coming in right away and up through mid-range. A good shop can easily do these mods. Which conversion is an individual choice usually dictated by a good shop near by. I would suggest IRS most of the different companies make one for their kit.

Hello and welcome OldNewby :D Enjoy the journey, everyone on here has gone through the planning and acquiring phase, it is exciting!!:yes: The best bit is the "riding" "Free on Three!!!":eek::D

Welcome aboard. I'm 6'4" 350 lbs and the wife is 5'0" a 125 lbs and we ride on our home built vw trike and have no power problems at all. we also don't ride at 100 mph either. 45 to 50 and try to stay on the back roads. We love it. But thats our choice. Our trike is not one of the pretty one but its functional. Again WELCOME

A 2001 -2009 Honda Goldwing with 1800 cc will have the huff and puff power you need and then some . Seen some really big guys riding them

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cisco

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cisco
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png