Lurker turned Triker

Nov 20, 2009
Elkhart, KS
I've been lurking for a couple of months, and now I've made the leap from two wheels to three. Thanks to everyone for all the advice and info I've picked up here, and I expect a lot more as I relearn to ride.

Next weekend I will pick up a '95 GL1500 with a 2003 CST conversion. This is the "Tour" model, and was made from 1994 to 2004, and I understand was the original CST Trike.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...nowntrike3.jpg

We'll see if my pic shows up. Hope I ride better than I compute!

Last edited:
Nice color on that trike. Looks like it is in wonderful shape! You are going to love it :D

The color looks green is that right? Sure looks nice You will enjoy driving it I am sure. Good Luck!

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. This forum has been a big help with my decision and I'm really cranked up to get started on my adjustment to threedom.
Yes, the color is green, maybe not quite an emerald green. The computer seems to show it more as a blue/green than it actually is. I fell in love with it immediately.
Seems all of the older bikes I found, had either had the wheels run off of them, or were overdone with pinstripes, decals and leather, but this one has had very little added to it, and with only 19000 miles it does look practically new.
Good lord, I'm starting to sound like I just gave birth! I'll shut up now.

Good lord, I'm starting to sound like I just gave birth! I'll shut up now.

Weeeelllllll........ it has been noted elsewhere on here that the waiting, longing, sleepless nights, and sheer agony of waiting is very comparable to labor. Then when your new baby arrives, you forget all that! So, Congrats on the birth :D

I like the term "Threedom". I'm also relearning how to ride. I never forgot how to ride, but I'm also relearning to walk. I haven't been on my new trike yet. I need to convert from foot throttle to hand throttle. Good luck to you!

Welcome aboard from the Pacific Northwest I know you'll enjoy both the forum & the Trike.:yes: We have a 96se Emerald green bought in april 09 & and am loving our new found (quote)Threedom:D

Just got home today with the trike! Picked it up in Dallas on Saturday, then spent Sun and Mon visiting grandkids and coming home. Had a great time.

Love the trike. I rode it just a few blocks when I picked it up, as Dallas was having downpours about every 20 minutes. Saw more rain in two days than we've had in a year here in SW Kansas!
When I got home today, it was beautiful, and 54 degrees, but the 30 mph wind made it much colder. So......I bundled up and put about 25 miles on the clock. Wanted more, but my hands and face were cold.
Looking forward to many happy miles ahead, and thanks to everyone here that offered so much information and encouragement. With enough help, even a dummy can get headed in the right way.
I agree threedom for everyone! Oh yeah, the people who owned this bike called her Elvira. Think I'll keep the name, and get personalized tags "Lvira". How does that sound?

That is great, glad U enjoyed it so much... But it only gets better :yes: Just wait and see...U will start finding reasons to go get something :D just so u can ride the trike...

Ride safe and enjoy

Such fun news, ricle41! Wonderful :D!!!! And Katfish is absolutely right --- it only gets better and better.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daddy Lew
Back