Mystery designs

Had a local installer here in town. I was almost ready to pull the trigger on one of those. Guy sold the shop and the new owner doesn't know squat about trikes. Had him look at mine and it came back with 40 lbs air in all 3 tires.

About 3-4 years ago my wife Had a Sportster with a Mystery Designs trike kit on it. I called them with a few questions and concerns, And there customer service sucked. This year when I converted her Softail, I used a Frankenstein Kit. I know that they don't offer a ISS rears, but I would consider looking at another Manufacturer.

Thanks monks. ive got a Frankie now and really like it, going to keep it, but think I want to try an independent suspension. I just dont want a big bulky box/rear on it so want to stay away from the "big" kits.
It helps knowing about customer service. Ive talked to them o the phone so have an idea of their sales.

Look for a "Dealer in Trikes" in your area and get together about their Trikes. Not every dealership or shop know a lot about trikes (suspensions). if I had to do it over again, I would go with Roadsmith IRS suspension kit. I have a 2010 Triglide which is actually a Lehman kit.:Coffee:just my 2cents worth.

Thanks Marc H. Got some info from those threads, they didn't show up in my search.
I did see one thing tho, that the OPs had a hard time getting info too.

Automotive parts are used. The axles are not VW. If your after a sport trike this is the one. I have the fender package on a 113 inch super glide. You will back off in the curves before the trike needs to. It's like a slot car sticks like glue. Now if your after a touring trike, I am not sure how they do. I have had nothing but good customer service. They work with you very well. It is built to last. For touring I love our Roadsmith trike.<br />
<br />
Only down fall I see is the belt adjustments, its easy to adjust but you need to keep  1 inch slack on the belt. That may not be a problem with a rather stock engine though.

I am getting ready to put another trike together after the first of the year and am seriously looking at the Mystery Designs ISS rear end. http://www.mysterydesigns.com/suspensions.php
Cant find much info on them. Do any of you have experence/feedback with them and/or their product?

I am in the process of building min on a 2006 Harley Heritage Classic base. I an using to all chrome ISS rear end with the 13" wide round fenders and C6 Corvette wheels. It will have 4" over inverted chrome front end with raked neck. Also have a $3,000 paint job. Can't WAIT to have it on the road. Good luck on yours....Doug

I am in the process of building min on a 2006 Harley Heritage Classic base. I an using to all chrome ISS rear end with the 13" wide round fenders and C6 Corvette wheels. It will have 4" over inverted chrome front end with raked neck. Also have a $3,000 paint job. Can't WAIT to have it on the road. Good luck on yours....Doug

Hey welcome BadAssTrike. Man, post up some pics and info about your trike build, it sounds cool.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daddy Lew
Back