Get 2nd Trike

Old Thread, new Spyder. While learning to ride on the TriGlide and having trouble with the clutch pull and the rough ride, my wife got serious about a Spyder. She got a chance to test ride one and there was no question. She bought one the dealer found for her at another dealer. Should be able to pick it up next week. Nice valentines gift for her.

2014 Spyder RT Limited, Pearl White. Should make my Black TriGlide stand out big time.

Thanks everyone for your comments and assistance. Will figure out how to post pictures when we have some to post.

=bob=

You should post the tool dolls in the do you remember thread ... LOL

my wife is a very independent person and it did not take long for her to say she wanted her own trike so i went out and bought her a sportster trike conversion with a CSC kit and now she is a biker all the way. i can understand why they don't always want to be a passenger as you do not feel the wind in your face or the feelings you get when you are driving the open road. buy her the trike and you both will be happy as i really do not like to ride double and just watching her ride her own bike makes me feel good too. myself, i am not into Can Am's but everybody has different tastes and ours are Harleys so go buy whatever you like and ride safe and often.

My wife is licensed, but we don't ride together for more than a couple of hours. If I go on a long trip, I do it alone.

I have owned a Valk Trike, Spyder RS, and am on my second RT. Personally, after 30K on Spyders, I would never get another standard trike or conversion. If your wife rides, and likes the Harley, consider a Spyder F3 SE6 as a second bike. If she wants a bagger, then it's the RT.

Well, she picked it up on the 19th and rode it home, 106 miles, in a crosswind. Started snowing that night and has snowed every day since. She is getting a little irritated at that as we had a very mild winter up until then.:gah:

Other than the test ride, this is her first time riding on public roads. Boy was she a happy camper. The dog and I were following her in the pickup and we were communicating via Sena SMH10 headsets. We noticed right off the glare on the gauges that morning didn't let her see the blinker indicator. We remedied that a couple days later with the light strip along the side of the mirror. I also noticed a large lack of lights on the back when she applied the brakes. We are going to add a light strip to the top of trunk to get a light up higher. Other than those things she is very satisfied and the ride is great in comparison to the 'back seat' on the TriGlide.

=bob=

Briar you two should join Spyderlovers. Awesome site. Many vendors making Spyder only accessories. I would suggest the following:

Bumpskid-Easy install

Tri Axis Handle Bars- Not an easy install

LED Rear Brake Light kit. Mounts inside the lip of the rear trunk. Easy install.

Seat with a rider back rest-Easy install, mucho $$$$.

Lower Front Screens- Easy install

I think Tricled makes the led kits. Great to deal with. Enjoy the new ride. Tom

They may not need all that stuff..It a individual preference if they need that stuff..

I know with the comfort seat it moved me 2 inches back..SO not I am reaching for the bars..So that is where the tri axis bars will help..

I joined Spiderlovers,com after she bought the spyder but have lurked there for months while trying to figure out what we were going to do. We have been riding a few times now that the weather has changed to spring temperatures. She is really glad the suspension is softer for her lower back and she really likes driving vs the back seat all the time. I do believe it has made her a younger woman.

=bob=

Well, she did it. She turned her learner's permit into a trike license. We have been riding some and she now has ~1800 miles on it. She is doing really well and I still think she is 'younger' now that she has the Spyder.:D:clapping:

Big Grin2-2.jpg

Freewheeler and SpyderF3

In June we took a trip to Florida and on the trip we rented a Tri Glide and a RT spyder. My wife liked the Spyder and road the heck out of it.When we returned it She started asking questions about the F3. In the beginning of July I traded my 14 Ultra Limited in on a Freewheeler. The next week we bought her a F3 and she is loving it. She tried 2 wheels but totaled 2 of them.She has confidence and feels comfortable on it.

That was one of the reasons I went with a SE when I bought my Spyder so my wife could drive it.As yet she has not wanted to drive tho when we were looking that was her first comment when she learned about the semi-auto trans.

The semi auto trans is a big help for me..I was tired of the pull the handle clutch shift and with my foot thing..Took some time to get use to the no handle for the brake tho..:D

She still loves it.

We bought the Spyder in mid February. We ride 2 or 3 time a week. We are limited to short rides, about 4 hours, due to health of an aged pet, but she has over 4200 miles on it now.

=bob=

Attachments

• Lady&Buddy.jpg
    Lady&Buddy.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 78
  • Spyder Ward.jpg
    Spyder Ward.jpg
    720 KB · Views: 77
Looks just like mine..:D without all the LED lights on the fenders..ThumbUp..I am over 6400 miles now..

Hows the rear tire mine only lasted to 5800 miles..:xzqxz:

Tire

Looks just like mine..:D without all the LED lights on the fenders..ThumbUp..I am over 6400 miles now..

Hows the rear tire mine only lasted to 5800 miles..:xzqxz:

Tires are still looking good on the can-am. I have just less than 10K on the Tri-Glide and the front is looking like it needs to be watched pretty closely.

=bob=

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tune man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tune man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png