Kawasaki Voyager with a CSC Kruze conversion

Sep 12, 2012
Voss,Tx USA
Looking at a 2010 Voyager with a Kruze kit, Does anybody have any input on this setup? The bike has 30,000 miles, and is very clean. It does not have a reverse is this something I can install or does it have to be dealer installed? I have read about the heat problems with the 1700 Kawi, is it really that bad? We are also looking at a 2005 Goldwing with a CSC kit with 40,000 miles. Thanks for any input.

Hunter1

Both trike kits are made by the same manufacturer. I don't think the manufacture will sell you the reverse kit for installation. Their kits must be installed by a "properly trained installer" because of drive belt tension. From the Kruze installation that I saw the reverse motor sits right under the seat. The Kawi Voyager makes a nice trike but it could use a little more power. I have 2009 Kawi with a Champion kit and a CSC 6 degree rake kit. Heat isn't really bad if the factory mods have been done. I have installed the KAMS system on my bike which came stock on the 2012 bikes. That kits consists of a new radiator which seals the radiator with the front cylinder and directs the air down in front of the engine and a small temp controlled fan that sucks air from the rear exhaust pipe and directs it down behind the rider in front of the rear wheel. Another heat controlling issue was that they added insulation under the front and rear heat shields. Another issue with the Kawi was the ECU was replaced under warranty because of unstable idling. To be honest I think that I would take a good look at the Goldwing.

Thanks for the info, I really like the looks of the Voyager but I may look harder at the Wing. I was concerned about the heat because of the reviews i read. We are buying it for my wife so the reverse is a factor. Thanks again for the info it will definately help us decide.

Jerry

We decided to go with the Wing, the reverse was the kicker. I like the looks of the Kawi and it`s a good bike I`m sure but the Wing has been around for soooo long.

Thanks for the info, I really like the looks of the Voyager but I may look harder at the Wing. I was concerned about the heat because of the reviews i read. We are buying it for my wife so the reverse is a factor. Thanks again for the info it will definately help us decide.

Jerry

ya-HOOOOO...!!!!
Another lady driving her own Gold Wing trike! :pepper:
She is going to LOVE it!
Hope to see ya down the road!
Ya'll aren't that far from us!
Carla
2008 Gold Wing
2010 Motor Trike Adventure kit
Midland, Texas

Chiming a little bit late of course, I had a GW 1500 and I had ler room issues. The Kaw gives you more leg room and your knees aren't bent as much for city type driving where as you need to have your feet for brake and shifting action. I'm currently riding a Kaw,looks, sound, and leg room go to the Kaw, but the GW has more power,less vibration and engine longevity. :Santa: My belated 2 cents.

Friend did the Kaw Voyager. Was disappointed when we went to shows. Venders had a ton of Harley and Wing add ons but nobody had any BLING for the Kawi. He sold it and went with a wing. The 1800 is a might bit tight if you are in the above 6 foot range. I am 5'7"180 lb and it is a good fit. The 1500 although getting old now, is bigger in the leg room area.

Friend did the Kaw Voyager. Was disappointed when we went to shows. Venders had a ton of Harley and Wing add ons but nobody had any BLING for the Kawi. He sold it and went with a wing. The 1800 is a might bit tight if you are in the above 6 foot range. I am 5'7"180 lb and it is a good fit. The 1500 although getting old now, is bigger in the leg room area.
I'm 6'2" John, plus I've had a complete knee replacement and other knee is going bad, and other arthritic and etc issues, so the Kaw is good. I'm gonna miss the tho. She was smooth riding, but it was beginning to nickel and dime me to death.
Just wish I could have afforded to keep both. $_12 (2).JPGDSCN2062 (640x480).jpg

20151105_144930office.jpg I actually went from a Goldwing 1800 MotortrikeFastback 2+2 kit to this 2011 Vulcan Voyager 1700, CSC Kruz kit, Both great rides, but leaning more toward the Voyager being a little better except for the engine power and engine heat control.....safe riding

View attachment 32716 I actually went from a Goldwing 1800 MotortrikeFastback 2+2 kit to this 2011 Vulcan Voyager 1700, CSC Kruz kit, Both great rides, but leaning more toward the Voyager being a little better except for the engine power and engine heat control.....safe riding

what are those arm rests for, i'm assuming a harley since the trunks are very close in relation to each other. i know holes would have to be drilled to install them thats no problem. any other mods you had to do to put them on would be greatly appreciated. my wife loved her arm rests on the valkyrie trike i had, i modded up a set from a 1500 goldwing. getting a 2019 voyager trike in a couple of weeks and would love to put arm rests on it for her.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png