Lyndall Brakes

DP Brakes

Jray, Lyndal makes great brake pads, but just yesterday I was reading an article in American Iron regarding changing brake pads on a Softail Harley. I realize you're not riding a Softail, but this company likely makes a pad for our trikes, too. And at $39.95 a set they're not too bad.

This article says DP brake pads won't make any noise, don't create any dust getting your wheels messy, and they last three times longer than stock brake pads as they have a ceramic heat shield that significantly reduces heat build up. Worth a look?

Phu Cat

I installed ceramic Lyndall Z-Plus brake pads on my softail (2-wheeler). I bought them to eliminate brake dust (on my spokes) which they do. They have 8K miles on them so far, and they are barely worn.

However, I get minor squealing when I stop. Some people (not me) might care about things like that.

If I even need new pads again, I'd buy another set. In my opinion, they're worth the premium price. ThumbUp

I'm replacing the rear brakes on my 2010 TG and was wondering if Lyndall Brakes are worth the money. If anyone has opinions, I'm curious. Thanks

Thanks for the input everyone. I have decided to go with the EBC Brakes, more because Lyndall is too busy to call back and I can get the EBC's on Amazon Prime, have them here Tuesday!

Thanks for the input everyone. I have decided to go with the EBC Brakes, more because Lyndall is too busy to call back and I can get the EBC's on Amazon Prime, have them here Tuesday!

I've only heard good things about EBC. Too bad for Lyndall that they were too busy for you. For the last several years I've got my Lyndall pads from Drew at Hogpro...great service.

Kevin

I've only heard good things about EBC. Too bad for Lyndall that they were too busy for you. For the last several years I've got my Lyndall pads from Drew at Hogpro...great service.

Kevin

Thanks everyone. I failed to say Im doing REAR brakes, the EBC were a bust. EBC doesn't carry a rear rotor (at least not that I can find online) and I want to buy the pads and rotors at the same time from the same manufacturer. Can you email me the contact info at Hogpro, Lyndall STILL has not gotten back to me. jray1952@yahoo.com

Thanks everyone. I failed to say Im doing REAR brakes, the EBC were a bust. EBC doesn't carry a rear rotor (at least not that I can find online) and I want to buy the pads and rotors at the same time from the same manufacturer. Can you email me the contact info at Hogpro, Lyndall STILL has not gotten back to me. jray1952@yahoo.com

I don't know that I've ever emailed Hogpro, I know I've never ordered off their website.

I call and ask for Drew, he comes on the phone and takes care of whatever needs I have or directs me to someone that will. I have been very happy with his service.

Drew
818-886-6545

According to EBC's catalog and Amazon.com, these are the REAR Rotor and Pads needed:

http://www.amazon.com/EBC-Brakes-MD521-Brake-Rotor/dp/B0073DT7NI/ref=cm_sw_em_r_dp_I3ywub1NYT1PT_tt

and

http://www.amazon.com/EBC-Brakes-FA605-4HH-Brake/dp/B0068ESBOY/ref=cm_sw_em_r_dp_u4ywub00QSVDQ_tt

I offer no guarantees, I'm trying to get the Lyndall's through Hogpro. Good Luck.

The rotor pictured is not the correct one, and the pads pictured are not the correct pads.

The part number for the rear pads seems to be correct https://www.denniskirk.com/ebc/double-h-sintered-metal-brake-pads.p1907269.prd/1907269.sku.

It looks like there are 2 different styles of EBC rears to choose from https://www.denniskirk.com/ebc/semi-sintered-v-brake-pads.p1907268.prd/1907268.sku.

One thing I noticed is they seem to come with the pins and clips, not a bad deal if they do come that way. I know Lyndall doesn't ship the rear pads with pins and clips, and Harley Davidson prices them like they are made of gold.

Eastern Performance has good pricing at Times.

Not to many have rotors except Lyndall and yes they are hard to get a hold of at times.Also if you want to go higher in price and buy a whole new kit there is Performance Machine.

I have a set of the Lyndall rotors and found out they are floating rotors and real lite weight. Took them off before I sold the trike.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png