Hoppe detachable fairing for 2014 Harley Freewheeler (Quadzilla)

Re: Hoppe detachable fairing for 2014 Harley Freewheeler (Quadzilla)

Caught this on eBay. The mistake in model year in the title of my post is from the listing itself.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hoppe-detac...Parts_Accessories&hash=item234309d76f&vxp=mtr

- - - Updated - - -

Also came across these....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HARLEY-DAVI...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ed8f6790f&vxp=mtr

I like the wheels...just wish they were contrast chrome to look more like the FW wheels...you can buy the 19" front in contrast chrome...the after market has just got started with the FW...

Nice looking fairing, but a bit pricy. Retail around $1500.00. Comes with a bunch of speakers and a Jensen Radio. Memphis Shade makes a batwing fairing for under $300, not including brackets or windshield. Under $500 for the whole setup, but no radio.

I like the wheels...just wish they were contrast chrome to look more like the FW wheels...you can buy the 19" front in contrast chrome...the after market has just got started with the FW...

Well. I have the opposite opinion, I think the worst aspect of the FLRT is the wheels. I hate them! I will admit they seem to look better chrome than stock - maybe that is a way to go? Although, I am old school and really like spokes. But, with the FLRT being new the options are limited and ridiculously priced at the moment. So, I just try not to look at mine;)

Besides, there are a few other things I want to achieve before I tackle the wheels:D:D:D:D

Anyway, time will tell.

Springman

Are the FLRT rear fenders removable like the TriGlide?

Are the FLRT rear fenders removable like the TriGlide?

They can be removed from the body. Wouldn't it be great if they came in WIDER versions to support 8 and 10 inch wheels....... Of course, we also need the 8 and 10 inch rear wheels too.....:D:D:D

Springman

Well. I have the opposite opinion, I think the worst aspect of the FLRT is the wheels. I hate them! I will admit they seem to look better chrome than stock - maybe that is a way to go? Although, I am old school and really like spokes. But, with the FLRT being new the options are limited and ridiculously priced at the moment. So, I just try not to look at mine;)

Besides, there are a few other things I want to achieve before I tackle the wheels:D:D:D:D

Anyway, time will tell.

Springman

Springman I will be more than happy to trade you my 15 Tri Glide wheels and tires for the Freewheeler wheels and tires...I will even sent you mine first so you can do the swap then send me yours...say winter project...

Well. Although, I am old school and really like spokes. But, with the FLRT being new the options are limited and ridiculously priced at the moment. ;)

Look at how long the Tri Glide has been around & the wheels are very limited & have done nothing but go up in price.
I like the looks of a spoke wheel also, but then you have to deal with tubes again. Hard to make them tubeless. Havn't seen any spokes for the Tri Glide yet.

Springman I will be more than happy to trade you my 15 Tri Glide wheels and tires for the Freewheeler wheels and tires...I will even sent you mine first so you can do the swap then send me yours...say winter project...

Well, the first problem is the different front tire sizes. Your TriGlide is running a 16 inch front and my FLRT runs a 19 inch front - and, I am thinking of moving to a 21 inch front actually.

The next issue is the cast wheels themselves, I am not as big fan of them. I sort of want something more like what was on the old Servicars. On the rear, I would like a set of old school, steel hot rod rims - this is easily done as Stockton can make a set to fit - already worked that out with them - I figure a set powder coated black and fitted with chrome baby-moons and chrome ribbed trim rings.

The problem is the front, every place I have inquired with has given me a ridiculous price on getting a spoked 3.5 x 19 or 3.5 by 21 wheel for the FLRT. And all the wheels quoted don't use the stock discs and those would have to be replaced as well.

So, I decided to just ride it out for a while.... I figure that more products and better prices will come with a bit of time. I may go ahead and get the wheels for the rear and let the front go - just not sure. Anyway, I am working on other things right now...

However, I do thank you for the offer.

Springman

The next issue is the cast wheels themselves, I am not as big fan of them. I sort of want something more like what was on the old Servicars. On the rear, I would like a set of old school, steel hot rod rims - this is easily done as Stockton can make a set to fit - already worked that out with them - I figure a set powder coated black and fitted with chrome baby-moons and chrome ribbed trim rings.

I'm just thinking out loud here, because I think you and I are looking in the same "book", just on two different pages ThumbUp

I agree that spokes are pretty, but I have them on my Softail, and it takes *almost* a day to clean, polish, and tune them. Your suggestion about the colored steel wheels with small hubcaps & trim rings sounds practical and pretty.

And I agree ~ a compatible front wheel is a PITA. I tried looking around for a previous-year, OEM (Harley Davidson) solid-disc front wheel that might work.

Why OEM? Because there are loads of take-off parts on eBay and similar. So far, I haven't found one (yet.)

And I agree ~ a compatible front wheel is a PITA. I tried looking around for a previous-year, OEM (Harley Davidson) solid-disc front wheel that might work

I don't know about a solid front wheel on a trike? Solid front wheels are usually a good bit heavier and I would think that would impact your steering of the trike? (just my guess) Got an HD part number? - I will research it.

Springman

Look at how long the Tri Glide has been around & the wheels are very limited & have done nothing but go up in price.
I like the looks of a spoke wheel also, but then you have to deal with tubes again. Hard to make them tubeless. Havn't seen any spokes for the Tri Glide yet.

I really like Harley's 'Anarchy' wheels for the TG, but I'm not a big fan of the price...
If I had a 2 wheeler it would have those chrome artillery spoked wheels off of the CVO Softail!

harley-davidson-cvo-softail-deluxe-2014-01_800x0w.jpg

And I agree ~ a compatible front wheel is a PITA. I tried looking around for a previous-year, OEM (Harley Davidson) solid-disc front wheel that might work.

Why OEM? Because there are loads of take-off parts on eBay and similar. So far, I haven't found one (yet.)

Solid enough for ya? It's from a 2013 FXDF - Dyna Fat Bob
2013 Harley-Davidson® FXDF - Dyna® Fat Bob
2013 Harley-Davidson FXDF - Dyna Fat Bob

686160-27-large.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png