Shift linkage conversion

Jun 13, 2014
Azle Tx USA
I have looked online for hours and cannot find any instructions on how to convert VW shifter to left side horizontal. I have seen them so someone knows how. Anyone know where to get ideas? Thanks in advance....
Mac

Need more info.
Front engine or rear engined?
Tube framed or bug tunnel?
What shifter and/or shifter mount do you have now?
Pics?

The easiest thing to do is buy a dune buggy super shifter and mount it anywhere you like as long as there is a straight line to the trans. And it don't have to be in line works with u joints.

Need more info.
Front engine or rear engined?
Tube framed or bug tunnel?
What shifter and/or shifter mount do you have now?
Pics?

The easiest thing to do is buy a dune buggy super shifter and mount it anywhere you like as long as there is a straight line to the trans. And it don't have to be in line works with u joints.

Thanks for the info, It is a stock vw shifter with no tunnel. I will look into the Dune buggy thing, Thanks

Hey gospicker I'm not able to get the email to work out right. The files are too large, so I sent them with dropbox, which I obviously didn't figure out correctly. Just posted them here instead.

Hey gospicker I'm not able to get the email to work out right. The files are too large, so I sent them with dropbox, which I obviously didn't figure out correctly. Just posted them here instead.
Thanks Matman, I haven't been on the site for awhile. Work seems to get in the way of my social life around here!! The photos are great and very helpful. Thanks again....gospicker

I have looked online for hours and cannot find any instructions on how to convert VW shifter to left side horizontal. I have seen them so someone knows how. Anyone know where to get ideas? Thanks in advance....
Mac

Sort of late input, but there really is no "conversion" to do. Just roll the shifter mount plate 90 degrees (or 80 or 60... whatever) to the left (looking forward). The shifter doesn't know or care which way the handle and shift knob is pointing. I have a Jamar Super Shifter mounted at 90 degrees from upright and it works perfectly.

Good luck

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png