Seat

ebay, amazon are good places to look. Find a Goldwing forum classifieds. Check the Classifieds here. Look for Goldwing two wheeler. Trike has nothing to do with the seat. You can get a seat cover for about $100.00

If you want a seat truly made to fit you, the give this man a call. I've seen his work and one of our local guys had a seat made three months ago and he loves it. His seat was modified to fit him at 6'5" and his co-rider who is a short legged 5'1".

Tom Simmons - http://tscustomseats.com/gpage.html

I agree, I had one built by Tom and his work and the seat are both great. My wife and I are both very pleased with ours.

I agree, I had one built by Tom and his work and the seat are both great. My wife and I are both very pleased with ours.

Ditto for TOM, have had the same seat on two different bike then trikes and he will re-build one he has previously done, not many will do that. Your body changes so he can change a previously done seat... great guy...... don't be in a hurry!! He sends samples and wants lots of photos of you and the SO on the bike or trike.... then he'll call for details..... top notch work in your colors.... and type of material.

:Santa:

Ditto for TOM, have had the same seat on two different bike then trikes and he will re-build one he has previously done, not many will do that. Your body changes so he can change a previously done seat... great guy...... don't be in a hurry!! He sends samples and wants lots of photos of you and the SO on the bike or trike.... then he'll call for details..... top notch work in your colors.... and type of material.

:Santa:

What kind of price does Tom ask

What kind of price does Tom ask

His seats aren't cheap, not in price or quality. He will make sure you're happy with your purchase and will make any adjustments needed if you're not happy. When I had mine built a friend also had one built. I didn't have any issues with mine but my friend had a problem with the backrest and where it hit him with his riding jacket on. He explained to Tom what needed fixed and Tom fixed it. My friend did a ride in and I shipped and picked mine up. Tom actually offered to pick mine up for me just because he was in the area doing some other business but I wasn't ready. He's not big on computers and email so if you send an email asking questions it might be awhile before he answers. If you call him he will either answer or call you back pretty quickly. He will make sure of what you want before he starts building your seat.

I'm sure there are other builders out there that are as good but I'm happy with my seat. Part of what sold me when I was looking was I couldn't find any bad reviews on the internet!

I just spoke to Tom of tscustomseats and I must say, I was impressed. His knowledge of the bikes and the seats is deep. The difference between model years seats on my Wing was something I had already researched and thought I was "the man" when it came to those items but Tom was about a mile and a month ahead of me.

Price? Yes, he gets top dollar but from what I have heard (make that read) here, his stuff is worth it. Anybody else want to chime in either pro or con about these seats? Or should I start a new thread? Sorry if I have 'changed the course' on this one.

I just spoke to Tom of tscustomseats and I must say, I was impressed. His knowledge of the bikes and the seats is deep. The difference between model years seats on my Wing was something I had already researched and thought I was "the man" when it came to those items but Tom was about a mile and a month ahead of me.

Price? Yes, he gets top dollar but from what I have heard (make that read) here, his stuff is worth it. Anybody else want to chime in either pro or con about these seats? Or should I start a new thread? Sorry if I have 'changed the course' on this one.
info
Great
Info

info
Great
Info

OK, here goes. The web address is tscustomseats.com His name is Tom Simmons. His prices vary from a few hundred to a little over a grand depending on the bike and type of seat and material. I strongly suggest you call and leave a detailed message. He WILL call you back but he is not fast. His phone number is 479-521-7339. When he calls you back be sure to listen to what he has to say because he will answer your question before you ask. He's done that many.

I just purchased my second seat from Tom and everything said about him is true. I put 80K on the first seat and it looked almost the same as it did when he built it. I had one place where I slid my foot over the seat that wore some. When he did this seat he changed that and it won't happen this time. I went to his shop for both seats and got fantastic service even though this time he had some serious health issues and it took longer to do it but that isn't a complaint because he told me he wouldn't work on the seat when he wasn't able because he wanted to do it right. He had a loaner seat for me for the time he had my seat working on it so I was still riding the whole time so no loss there.

I just purchased my second seat from Tom and everything said about him is true. I put 80K on the first seat and it looked almost the same as it did when he built it. I had one place where I slid my foot over the seat that wore some. When he did this seat he changed that and it won't happen this time. I went to his shop for both seats and got fantastic service even though this time he had some serious health issues and it took longer to do it but that isn't a complaint because he told me he wouldn't work on the seat when he wasn't able because he wanted to do it right. He had a loaner seat for me for the time he had my seat working on it so I was still riding the whole time so no loss there.

Just spoke with Tom and he is doing well now.

I went through a couple of different seats, Wing Soft and Hartco without much luck. I found Tom at the trike rally in Branson a couple of years ago and liked the look of his work.

He completely rebuilt the one that John from Wing Soft originally made and then re-worked for me a couple of times. I found that for me that it was only about a fifty mile seat -- after that I had to get off and stretch and was completely worn out after a days ride.

I have been riding the TS Custom for a couple of years and several thousand miles. He did a little re-work on it for me in the first six months because I lost quite a bit of weight. It has been and continues to be a very comfortable all-day seat. He tailors his seats to your height and weight and riding style. One thing that he does insist on is a picture of you on your bike, before he builds the seat. He also cautions that you need ride a couple of thousand miles to break the seat in.

Tom is very knowledgeable and does great work. As someone indicated it is probably better to have the project done in the off-riding season as he is busy and sometimes there is a back log. I would highly recommend Tom and his work.

I went through a couple of different seats, Wing Soft and Hartco without much luck. I found Tom at the trike rally in Branson a couple of years ago and liked the look of his work.

He completely rebuilt the one that John from Wing Soft originally made and then re-worked for me a couple of times. I found that for me that it was only about a fifty mile seat -- after that I had to get off and stretch and was completely worn out after a days ride.

I have been riding the TS Custom for a couple of years and several thousand miles. He did a little re-work on it for me in the first six months because I lost quite a bit of weight. It has been and continues to be a very comfortable all-day seat. He tailors his seats to your height and weight and riding style. One thing that he does insist on is a picture of you on your bike, before he builds the seat. He also cautions that you need ride a couple of thousand miles to break the seat in.

Tom is very knowledgeable and does great work. As someone indicated it is probably better to have the project done in the off-riding season as he is busy and sometimes there is a back log. I would highly recommend Tom and his work.

Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time for this response. It's good information.

Any thoughts about trying an Airhawk? I think since they are under $200. and returnable, that's my 1st choice. Then I'll save my pennies if need be for a new seat. I'm going to inquire on this thread concerning others Airhawk experience.
Ron :Dorag:

Hocky, I use an Airhawk 'R' cushion and find it to be the most comfortable solution that I've ever ridden on. Admittedly, I have never goen the custom-fitted route but I have stock, Mustang, Corbin seats to fit my trike(s) and never leave home without the Airhawk.

And as you point out the price is nominal compared to the aftermarket or custom brand seats so you can affordably try it out without breaking the bank. The return policy is a great factor as well, although I doubt that will be a factor if you try one.

Good luck!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png