Boom Trike

Dec 1, 2014
Cloverdale, Ca
I have a 2004 Boom Trike Lowrider. It came with a Berga (European) battery. It's time replace the battery, but I have found that the correct Berga is not available in the U.S.

The European batteries have recessed lugs that are flush with the top of the battery, not like American batteries with the lugs sticking up above the top of the battery.

Has anyone replaced their battery in a Boom Lowrider? I think an American size group 26 might fit, but there is a clearance problem between the battery lugs and the body bracketry.

I got no help from the Boom Dealer in Florida when I asked them.

I have a 2004 Boom Trike Lowrider. It came with a Berga (European) battery. It's time replace the battery, but I have found that the correct Berga is not available in the U.S.

The European batteries have recessed lugs that are flush with the top of the battery, not like American batteries with the lugs sticking up above the top of the battery.

Has anyone replaced their battery in a Boom Lowrider? I think an American size group 26 might fit, but there is a clearance problem between the battery lugs and the body bracketry.

I got no help from the Boom Dealer in Florida when I asked them.

There are lots of battery's on the market with side attachments though I really don't know the configuration you speak of?

However I am really interested in seeing some photos of your trike, I don't think I have ever seen a boom lowrider?

I have no answer for you, but here is a link of other Boom dealers. Perhaps one of them can help you out.

http://www.boomtrikesusa.com/dealers.html

Hope that helps. I do not know anything about any of them.

I have already seen this link . I can't seem to email these as I get some kind of Outlook error. So, I guess I'll give them a call.

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

There are lots of battery's on the market with side attachments though I really don't know the configuration you speak of?

However I am really interested in seeing some photos of your trike, I don't think I have ever seen a boom lowrider?

I am trying to do this without changing cables or clamps. But yes, this is an alternate solution.

If you go to the following link and scroll down to the picture of the dealership, my lowrider looks just like the red one in the front of the pic. Except mine has purple flames on the tank and fenders.

I will post a couple of pics of the trike soon.

I have already seen this link . I can't seem to email these as I get some kind of Outlook error. So, I guess I'll give them a call.

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

I am trying to do this without changing cables or clamps. But yes, this is an alternate solution.

If you go to the following link and scroll down to the picture of the dealership, my lowrider looks just like the red one in the front of the pic. Except mine has purple flames on the tank and fenders.

I will post a couple of pics of the trike soon.

nice looking unit! thanks

Well, it has been awhile but I had found a solution to the replacement battery problem. I thought I had better let you know.

Actually it was quite simple. I found that a Group 26 battery was close to the correct physical size, tho' a bit taller than the original European battery, which was my original concern. The battery posts would hit the trike body. But my local O'reilly's had a Group 26R with reversed polarity. So, I turned the battery around so the posts were towards the back of the trike. That way the cable polarity matched up with the polarity of the posts, with plenty of headroom. The battery fit the tray, and the battery hold-down fit the lip perfectly.

So, there you go.

Sfeddie

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png