An early notification,,,.

rmrc51

Lost In The 50's
Feb 2, 2009
Palmyra, Virginia
Hello out there in Trike Talk land.

I just wanted to mention early on that in the Spring,,,, I'll be selling my Trike, enclosed trailer and all accessories due to health issues. My wife can't ride any more as per her doctor's advise and my hip has gotten to a point that just sitting in the normal 'spread eagle' position on the trike triggers sharp spasms while riding. This has been getting progressively worse.

So, with retirement approaching in the spring and even if I wanted to try and endure the hip issue, I want to spend more time with my wife, not away from her being she can't ride. I plan to list everything here on Trike Talk along with other forums. But if you happen to know of family or friends who want a pristine and loaded trike, I'll send all the information along with detailed photos.

Even after my trike has found a new home, I'll still be on this forum as I've made so many great friends here.

Wish you and yours the best of luck , hate it for ya but the time comes when we all may face it . :AGGHH: I think what your doing to be with the wife is admirable and the way it should be so again good luck on the sale .ThumbUp

Best of luck to you Rich. I hope you are able to enjoy activities other than Triking that won't make your hip any worse. I think most of us know, and fear, the day when we will face the same issue. I smiled when I read you wanted to spend your time with your life. You have your priorities right. After we leave this earth family is all that we really leave behind us. I don't think anyone thought on their deathbed that they had wished they spent more time at work.

Who knows, maybe with a hip replacement you might be able to ride that great looking Trike again.

Best wishes

Sorry to hear of this development Rich.
But, as others have said, we dutifully do what we gotta do when we gotta do it.
By accepting and graciously doing so you prove what many of us have already come to know...
You are an Honorable & Principled Man ThumbUp

Not the End of the Journey by any means.
Simply a new and exciting Chapter for you both.
Thanks for sharing Yours with Us ;)

Sorry to hear this Rich. I am glad however that you plan to stay with us here on the forum. You are such a part of us. Good luck with your decision. I know you will be able to sell that trike is a real looker. TAKE CARE MY FRIEND!

Hate to hear his, but there are Other Options.....Travel by MIATA with the Top down.....no straddling, great mileage, quality Spouse time.....;).....

Car is painted totally white now....Lota' FUN.....ThumbUp

Thanks for all of the understanding replies. ThumbUp

And yes, I will have two other vehicles that I can definitely share with my better half. One is kinda similar to Skuuter's Miata. A 97 Honda DelSol that I can run around in with the Targa Top removed and my 57 Chevy. Here's a couple of photos of the cars below.

Yeah,,, selling the Trike will be a hard hit to swallow,,,. :( I'm actually hoping that someone will buy her way before the Spring. Seeing her sitting in my garage just keeps reminding me that she has to be sold and to have her there for so many months only prolongs the sentiment.

I'll always be a part of this forum! So many great folks here!!! :10:

Chevy-Fuel002_zps0b9181bd.jpg

SolAndI_zpsf34fd4c0.jpg

Wow, nice looking cars! Love the '57. Problem is ..... I remember them when they were new! And a great looking trike too! But one question ...... Who is the distinguished looking gent in the second picture? :D

Wow, nice looking cars! Love the '57. Problem is ..... I remember them when they were new! And a great looking trike too! But one question ...... Who is the distinguished looking gent in the second picture? :D

You mean the guy with the pot-belly? :AGGHH: :cxtv: Beats the hell out of me who he is, lol. ;)

Good looking rides all around, too bad one has to go. The priorities are right, that says a lot. Health and family comes first. Much respect to you.
As for the region just above the belt line, my dad used to say it was just leftover chest muscles.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png