Rainy day thinking.....

rhino 2

100000 + Posts
Oct 15, 2011
Utopia New Jersey USA..
I took a ride to day and it was raining heavily 'So much so that I couldn't see out of my full face shield, So when I got home I started thinking [I really got to stop that] Anyway I digress.. I notice while riding there is a backpressure on the helmet, So I brought the helmet into my shop and did a little reengineering. I reversed the air vents; ie put the rear vents in the front and the front vents to the rear. Then I went for another ride... I immediately noticed the rain blew off and my helmet felt lighter, The reversed air flow decreased the backpressure and it was reduced by a factor of 2.533. My gas mileage increased and also more power, cooler running engine, I could switch to 87 octane instead of 91... And when I pulled up to my local watering hole and removed my helmet I didn't have helmet hair, My hair looked like I just had it styled.. Sometimes it pays to think out side of the box....

Disclaimer; Your results may vary, Also check that this won't void your warrantee....

I took a ride to day and it was raining heavily 'So much so that I couldn't see out of my full face shield, So when I got home I started thinking [I really got to stop that] Anyway I digress.. I notice while riding there is a backpressure on the helmet, So I brought the helmet into my shop and did a little reengineering. I reversed the air vents; ie put the rear vents in the front and the front vents to the rear. Then I went for another ride... I immediately noticed the rain blew off and my helmet felt lighter, The reversed air flow decreased the backpressure and it was reduced by a factor of 2.533. My gas mileage increased and also more power, cooler running engine, I could switch to 87 octane instead of 91... And when I pulled up to my local watering hole and removed my helmet I didn't have helmet hair, My hair looked like I just had it styled.. Sometimes it pays to think out side of the box....

Disclaimer; Your results may vary, Also check that this won't void your warrantee....

Do you think that will work for a comb-over ???

So the only way I can reverse my air vents is to put the helmet on backwards, Yes and a helmet can give you better MPG and speed. Look at the skate borders and skiers helmets.

So the only way I can reverse my air vents is to put the helmet on backwards, Yes and a helmet can give you better MPG and speed. Look at the skate borders and skiers helmets.

If you do it that way, [backwards helmet] You would first have to cut two eye holes on the back of the helmet so'' now if you do reverse the helmet the back then becomes the front of the helmet. And you will have to reverse the vents again.. Its easier just reversing the vents.. ie, Front to rear ' Rear to Front...:D

Rhino 2

"The reversed air flow decreased the backpressure and it was reduced by a factor of 2.533. My gas mileage increased and also more power, cooler running engine, I could switch to 87 octane instead of 91..."

I applaud you with both your R&D and the calculation of the reduced b/p factor. I did the calculations as well and either you didn't report the entire number or stopped short in your calculation. I got 2.5334639 which is an impressive result. I'm now switching from 87 octane to 85!

Thank you for sharing - I'm now having a more comfortable ride and saving money! 👨 💵💰💵💳👨
I forgot to mention my improved grooming - helmet head is a thing of the past!
:10:

following your general diretions, took an old helmet and removed the vents from it, calculated the equidistant point along the transvrse pressure ridge and mounted two additional pressure vents. Since most of my riding is two up, I likewise did the wifes helmet. upon returning after a 100 mile ride and stop for an adult beverage, i found she was 20 years younger, sounded different, bust size increased 3 cup sizes and she was very very spirited during sex, almost like fighting.

update **********

evidently,

i lost my glasses at the restaurant and took the waitress from the bar for a ride and home, I am able to report that the swelling in my eyes has gobe down enough that I can almost see the wife every time she comes near enough to slap me with a frying pan. Merry Christmas to you too

Calgary;263305 [COLOR=#333333 said:
�� ����������
I forgot to mention my improved grooming - helmet head is a thing of the past! [/COLOR]:10:

And I think you'll also find that the Lady's at Hooters can't resist running their fingers through your newly well groomed hair...ThumbUp

Glued a piece of brown shag rug to the outside of my helmet. Restricts air flow, reduces gas mileage and impedes performance, but everyone does a double-take at my beautiful hair replacement.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png