Rear Lift Kit

Sep 15, 2013
Astoria, New York, USA
Looking to install a rear lift kit. I was looking at Legends, TrikeGlide Stuff, DK Customs, etc. Anyone know if there is any different between these lift kits beside the cost. Legends Lift Kit is $180.00, where as TrikeGlide Stuff is $125.00. They all pretty much looks exactly the same as well as their specifications.

Tglide stuff for mine... Dennis produces a quality product and was the first to start making them. That is the choice of a lotta folks on here.

Looking to install a rear lift kit. I was looking at Legends, TrikeGlide Stuff, DK Customs, etc. Anyone know if there is any different between these lift kits beside the cost. Legends Lift Kit is $180.00, where as TrikeGlide Stuff is $125.00. They all pretty much looks exactly the same as well as their specifications.

Can't say about anything good or bad about the others ' I do have Tglidestuff [Dennis] lift on my 11T/G going on now about 3 years.. I highly recommend it.ThumbUp

Not to sound rude, but this question gets asked about once a week. I'd love to see folks actually do a little research via the search tool to answer their questions.

Both companies make a good product and both have been sponsors of this forum. Both guys are also good men, who I count as friends. Dennis chose to drop his advertising here and Kevin at DK Customs is still a sponsor, so yes we do like to see our members support those who support the forum as this keeps it free to you, our members.

The lift kit was my first modification on my 2014. Both tglide and DK make good products. The directions that came with my kit were a big help. I used a small floor jack to pick up the trike and plant it on the jack stands. Make sure the jack stands do not contact the trunk. If you have the foot EM brake you will need to take out one bolt and loosen another to rotate the bracket out of the way to get to the bolts on the left side. There isn't much room to slip the wheel out from under the fender so make sure you have the rear end a little higher than you think you need too in order to drop the wheels out.

The first thing I noticed was the quicker turning response and of course the added clearance for the pipes. As others have done I dropped the shock pressure down to the mid 30's to soften up the ride. You have the room too now.

Be advised that the MoCo uses a lot of lock tight on there bolts. You may need a breaker or cheater bar to bust them loose so you don't blow a blood vessel in your eye trying to get them started out.

Yes, there is a difference between them.

Krude Kustom, TGlide, DK Custom & Legend all make a standard lift kit. These all are very similar in look/design and are the same in function. They all lift the Trike 1.25" at the shock and 1.6" at the very back of the Trike.

DK Custom also makes a Comfort Lift Kit. The Comfort Lift looks the same, bolts up the same, and lifts the Trike the same (1.25" at the shock and 1.6" at the rear) as the Standard Lift Kit.

The difference between the Standard Lift Kit and the Comfort Lift Kit is that the Comfort lift changes the angle of the shock just a little bit (well within MFG. specs). What this does is give the swingarm a bit more leverage on the shock so that it will absorb more of the road imperfections, resulting in a plusher, smoother ride.

You may remember when Motorcycle Mfg. started doing this on motocross bikes decades ago. This is a time-proven method to get a better ride. Harley does it to this day on many of their Dyna Models.

The Comfort Lift should only be used on Tri-Glides that do not exceed a Passenger/Rider/Luggage combined weight of 540 lbs. It is what I personally run on my TriGlides and it has performed flawlessly for many thousands of miles, from the pot holes of Alaska to the twisties on the Tail of The Dragon.

Tglide stuff for mine... Dennis produces a quality product and was the first to start making them. That is the choice of a lotta folks on here.

I agree that the Standard Lift that Dennis produces is a quality part that will get the job done.

However, it is Not accurate that he was the first to start making them.

Krude Kustoms up in Montana was making them and selling them well before Dennis and his designer, Jerry, were.

I've spoken with Krude Kustoms and Dennis, both them, and us at DK Customs, all developed the Standard Lift Kit independently of each other. With the TG's dragging their rear so much, it is really a priority item that begged to be fixed.

Less than 6 months after DK started making the Standard Lift Kit we started playing around with how to get a bit more out of a Lift Kit. After over a year of testing various designs, we introduced the Comfort Lift, which gives a smoother ride And provides the same lift as the Standard.

Here is a LINK to both the Standard & Comfort Lift Kits.

Kevin

I Purchased the Standard Kit, From DK Customs, Shipped very fast. Came with Great Instructions. Installed it in about 2 hours. I Love the New Look, Seems to Handle better as well.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png