Helmet with speakers

Jan 21, 2013
Bennington
I just purchased a new 2015 Tri-Guide and was wondering if anyone knew who installed speakers in helmets. I have a Simpson Outlaw Bandit and want to get my headset installed by some one who does this. I have a older Simpson Bandit that I did the installation and it left a lot to be desired but it works but it is with the headset for my 1995 FLTCU and not compatible with my 2015
[h=1][/h]

Here is what I did...
Bought a pair of Sony Professional Studio head sets. Took off the headgear, and glued about 1/2 of foam to the ear pieces. Then installed a patch of Velcro 'loop' in the ear detents of the helmet. A piece of Velcro 'hooks' on top of the foam on the ear pieces. Perfect fit over my ears. I can listen to Bluegrass or Voodoo music so loud it makes my eyes bleed and it doesn't bother anyone. In the picture the headphones are plugged into a Sena Bluetooth bike to bike intercom, but they can be plugged directly into the radio or speaker jack on the dash of the trike. Easy job and the sound is great!!

Good Luck! Attached Thumbnails

I just purchased a new 2015 Tri-Guide and was wondering if anyone knew who installed speakers in helmets. I have a Simpson Outlaw Bandit and want to get my headset installed by some one who does this. I have a older Simpson Bandit that I did the installation and it left a lot to be desired but it works but it is with the headset for my 1995 FLTCU and not compatible with my 2015

Did they change the '15's headset from previous years ?? What did they change ?
I am using a 2014 YM set on my second helmet that is identical to the 2012 model. The older older models had a different plug at the headset end that was the same as the plug from the bike on either end. But the later models just went to a smaller plug on the headset. The bike end was the same. But maybe there was a difference in the '95 YM. Interesting ....
Haven't heard of the '15s being different before.......Might be just a cable update would make it work.

they changed the cable end in 03 I think so you have to get an adapter cable for the 95 to work with later models, but my old Bandit is old and time for an up dated model.

- - - Updated - - -

Screwball do you have the mouth piece so you can chat with passenger, if so how is that mounted?

Last edited:
they changed the cable end in 03 I think so you have to get an adapter cable for the 95 to work with later models, but my old Bandit is old and time for an up dated model.

- - - Updated - - -
I checked my box with the PT Number today & it has a year of '98. So there is probably is an update from '95. Thanks.
Merry Christmas

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png