DFT kit (Valkyrie)

Puff

Contributing Member
Feb 8, 2010
Melbourne,Victoria,Australia
Hi all, only been on this forum a few days and love it :yes:
Living in Australia (Oz) is great, but trying to get bits for trikes/bikes is always
a problem trying to find a good supplier in the States. Can anybody point me
in the right direction? I'm trying to locate a distributor who sells guard
top-racks, or even kick-plates for trikes?

The large guards on the DFT kit are prone to others kicking the paintwork at
the front of the guards when they mount/dismount... As you know, the owner
is not always around when this happens :machinegun:

I've tried those stick-on sheets, but very difficult to apply and avoid ugly air
bubbles... I'm desperate :confused: Any suggestions would be welcomed :)

Puff: Welcome to the site, I've seen some owners take their Trikes to a dealer that sprays a protective clear coating on the Area you want protected. Most of the time you can't even notice the clear protection....

Puff, I have the clear 3-M protective covering and it has done very, very well to protect my fenders. I didn't try to apply it myself, but had it professionally applied --- I'm sure I would have had those bubbles if I had done it! I know several of our members have leather or vinyl fender protectors. The link below will take you to a picture of one example, and I'll look to see if I can find another one. If you are interested in that, those particular owners could tell you where to find them.

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/memb...ms-2009-picture1556-lassen-national-park.html

Here is another example (the Wolf): http://www.triketalk.com/forum/trike-month/842-january-2009-trike-month.html

Thanx a lot for the responses guys :D
With regard to the 3-M type sheets, when I applied them before a long trek to Alice Springs (3000 Kms away and through the outback of Oz) I heated both the guards and sheets with a hair-dryer before application. But because the guards have a lot of curves, it was very difficult to avoid air-bubbles when I got near the end.

But I did leave them on for the trip, but the air-bubbles looked crap, so I've since removed them. I also left them on when our club did a VSK (very special kids) day, where we took disabled kiddies around a 4.5 K lap of a local reservoir... and yes, they worked a treat, but always looked off.

I tried one motor-trimmer and he didn't actually fill me to overflowing with enthusiasm, but I think thats probably the way I'll have to go. Does anybody know if there are leather or vinyl bras for the DFT? I had a look at the examples Nana put up, but not Valkyries. Also, how are they attached, studs? velcro? adhesive? Don't think I'd like the idea of putting studs on the guards.

But thanx heaps for the responses everybody, you've certainly given me some ideas... Oh tis, haven't heard of the spray on stuff... do you know if it's removable with a solvent? Or is it a permanent layer on top of the paint?

Mine on my DFT were made by the local Upholstery shop . I took it to them told them what i wanted left the bike and they made them for me . VELCRO attached to the rear of the fender. $75.00

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png