The Elios Car?

I remember the three wheel cars of the 1960s. They are making a come back! But, I don't know if they can make it in the USA because of all the DOT regulations.
Wish them luck!

Rosy

Building them in Louisiana, sure a lot of hype, but if it sounds to good to be true.........I'd like to see it on the road and a success, but I don't see how they can build the thing for that price, nor do I see how they can squeeze the advertised mpg out of it.

They are not getting my money until they start production and some are out on the road. Remember the Hugo? They didn't last long maybe these won't either. For $6800 considering what the profit margin might be I am not sure I buy into the concept.
Nice idea but their designated servicing is Pep Boys. Also marketing the way to pay for these is on a CC as you buy gas. Not sure how that will work for people like me that seldom drive their car.
I am a wait and see guy now. I test drove a Mazda when they had rotary engines in them and look how well that turned out.

I wonder if they can perform to the speed limits posted on most interstates?
I would think they may be underpowered, but need to see performance data.
Do they state what type of engine, size, and weight they are?

Rosy

I have a friend that has a deposit on one. They told him April delivery. The car will easily do 75 MPH. Highway is possible if you don't want to pass anyone. The original motor was a Geo metro 3 banger. They have stepped up to one of there own design. Wished they kept the Metro. Parts are still available. Getting Elios parts at the local car parts store will be a joke. If a trike can't get 50 mpg.

How can a bodied car do it ? My only comment is door on wrong side. And no rear window.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png