2 up on a Free Wheeler?

Sunman

900+ Posts
Apr 6, 2011
Bellville, Texas, USA
Per my earlier post I test rode a Free Wheeler and really liked it. However, it seemed a bit crowed. Who is riding 2 up and how is the room and comfort? If I purchase one it will end up being my only bike so I will ride it solo and with my wife for trips. The dealer said they do not have any seats available yet other than the seat that comes on it. So is the Free Wheeler seat smaller, less room than the Tri-Glide?

Would appreciate any feed back from anyone riding 2 up.

Thanks,Sunman

Just the nature of the sport [motorcycling] You buy a bike/trike made for one purpose, Then try to redo it for another... Nothing wrong with that.. I guess its called.....
Making it mine....

Why are so many people trying to make a cruiser out of a sporty solo designed bar hopper???

Well, I have to say as a Freewheeler owner, that I find the stock seat to be lacking. And, I would like another seat. I have looked at Harley's Sundowner and just don't think it is much better that the stock one; and, for the money, just decided to wait and see what develops....

But, I don't see the Freewheeler as just a solo designed ride......just lacking in good accessory support at the moment.

I did contact some aftermarket makers (Corbin and Saddleman) on seating for the Freewheeler and got less than hopeful interest at the time.....I am hoping that will change in the new year......

I think it is just the "New Model" support lag.......

Springman

Being one of the first 'freewheelers on the board I have no problems with the seat on my 'Free. They gave me the sissy bar when I bought mine. Wife rides her own Tri-Glide, but when we took her trike in for service she didn't have any problem riding on the back of my Free. The entire chassis and running gear is the same as a Tri. The 3" shorter is mostly trunk as far as I can see. As I've said before, my butt must be shaped the same as the guy that designs Harley seats because I find it very comfortable. Gotta agree with Cavie, design and style scream Bar Hopper. The Free is the Dyna of trikes.

...... Gotta agree with Cavie, design and style scream Bar Hopper. The Free is the Dyna of trikes.

Well, As an owner of a Freewheeler, I don't see the Freewheeler as either.

I see the Freewheeler as a clean, baseline trike; sort of kin to the ServiCar, maybe the modern version there of......

It's Harley getting back to the basics, and giving us "A solid, and enduring three-wheeled design."

I think Screwball and I have similar opinions, just different perspectives in them - and, not saying either is the absolute.

springman

i don't see where riding on the back of the freewheeler to be much different than on the back of the streetglide. just put the sissy bar on it.

I've had an '11 TG and a '13 TG. Now we have a FW. I put a Sun Downer seat and a Tourrest passenger backrest pad on it. Little if any difference than riding a TG for the passenger. I also put on an engine bar and Dessert Dawgs lowers. Perfect. Check out Tourrest.com

Try a demo Hammock seat...think you will find all 08-15 touring seats will fit...was about to buy a freewheeler and while at the dealer we were playing around with different seats...

We'll my wife has rode on the back for 800 of 1200 miles ad she loves it. Didn't like it with the stock seat got the sundowner and a backrest and she just sits back and enjoys it.

I had my Dyna for 5 years and she might have rode it for 200 mi she REALLY likes the Freewheeler and I like having her on the back.

Hoping she'll get a license and ride it by herself - I think she can do it.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png