Clear coat

Aug 11, 2014
Topeka Kansas
On my 08 Hannigan the lower front part of the fenders and the front part of the splash guards are covered with a protective clear coating can anyone tell me what this coating is and or where it can be bought ? My brother-in-law would like to put some on his trike. Is this a do it yourself type stuff ?

Thanks Rick

Is it 3M paint defender spray on? Good stuff I use it on lower front fenders. Gotta look close to know its there. When it gets beat up, just peel off and re-apply. It does a really nice job protecting that paint. Picked up my Spray Kit at Auto-Zone... Just follow instructions.ThumbUp..Ride Safe!

Have a p.m. Into Spencer about the coating. I don't think you can remove The coating on our trike. Paint defender sound as like a good idea. Easy on and off

Spencer told me about the coating but I had so much info coming at me in such short time I couldn't take it all in.

Spencer say 3m Stone Guard a professionally applied ( can be an at home job but tuff) clear film applied like window tint.

I think for Sam the defender might be an easier although less perminate fix.

Thanks all

Rick

Yea theres the 3m defender dogman513 pointed out. My brother in law bought some today @$25 a can . I will let u know how it goes on. He's working on applying it tonight.

Thanks Rick

My brother-in-law use the defender on his splash guards and it worked quite well. We'll see how well Coating holds up after some use.

I will keep you posted but it will be sometime before we go riding again in our area. Most likely April before we get back on the road. All the paint chips on the front of brother-in-law's bike have been touched up so any new chips that may develop will be after the defender has been applied. Should be a good test.

Rick

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png