Rushmore vs pre Rushmore

Ridernut

50+ Posts
Dec 25, 2014
Lorena, Texas, USA
Were wanting to get a Tri Glide. My wife really likes 110 Anniversary models but I like the improvements of the 14 ups. Anyone have any direct comparisons. Mainly ride quality, power, brakes etc...
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I think the new frontend on the 2014/15 are worth the extra $$$. I just swapped a real nice 12 for a 15 just to get the new frontend and I'm not one bit sorry.

Were wanting to get a Tri Glide. My wife really likes 110 Anniversary models but I like the improvements of the 14 ups. Anyone have any direct comparisons. Mainly ride quality, power, brakes etc...
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

We put 50K on our 2011 and now have around 10K on our 2014.

I have a thread on the differences at this link-

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/thre...-lots-of-pics-and-thoughts-on-the-differences

You ask about ride quality, power, & brakes specifically.

Ride quality...The front forks are heavier on the Rushmore's, which gives a bit more stability in hard corners (if you don't push it hard, not sure you would tell a difference).

The frame, rear shocks, etc. are the same, on all years, so no difference there. Handlebars are a bit different...which is better is totally dependent on the individual. The passenger backrest is different. Mary does not like the new one nearly as much as the older one...but most report they like the new, larger one, better.

Power...bone stock, the Rushmore has more power. Doing the same Stage 1 on each, the Rushmore still has more power.

Brakes...The brakes are better on the Rushmore. The brake pedal is also linked, so when using the rear brake you also get front brakes. Many like this feature. Myself, I preferred being able to apply the front and rear brakes separately on the pre-Rushmore models.

Whichever one you get, my guess is you're going to really enjoy it! :)

Kevin

I had a '11 TG and really loved it. Put on 76k miles before trading on the new '15 in September. I had all the goodies on the '11. Power commander V with autotune. Stage one air with decatted pipes. Woods 555 cams.
We road the new one to Daytona in October right after the purchase. Still stock. Put on 4400 miles. What a difference.............. More power than the '11 even with all the improvements. Better handling and control. Really like the water cooled heads. Better braking. Great radio system. New navigation system built into the radio.
In my opinion you can't go wrong with the new ones. Time will tell

Gary

Wife started on an '09 then upgraded to an '11. Just bought her a '14. I've ridden all of them. VAST improvements in the 2014 over both the '09 and '11. Wife raves about the power and handling of the '14, along with the Info Center. We didn't use the CB on the Tri, so don't miss it on the newer rig.

Happy Hunting

Had a little over 40,000 miles on my 2011. Really liked the bike but the dealer's trade offer and work needed to be done on the 2011 made me decide to trade
Did my first hundred miles today. It was in the 60's in St Louis. Crazy for the day after Christmas. Noticed right away the steering was easier and the ride seemed smoother. Had a stage one of the 11 but the 15 feels like it would keep up without any upgrades. Not sure as I am not to exceed 3500 RPM at this point.
The other item I noticed was the clutch pull. On the 11 because of some nerve damage in my left hand, I installed a clutch wiz. Now either my hand has regained some strength or the new clutch pulls much easier stock.
Going to be a big learning curve getting use the control locations and the new Nav over my Zummo but at this point I'm glad I made the trade.

Having done the 12 to 14 swap in the two wheeled world before coming to my senses and getting the 14 trike, the above comparisons are spot on for two. Expect some time and frustration as you transition to the new infotainment but if you use headsets, you can tell it what you want it to do. Hd has a pretty good online trainer at hd.com under owners. It goes through the system and explains every function.

Good luck

Steve

Having done the 12 to 14 swap in the two wheeled world before coming to my senses and getting the 14 trike, the above comparisons are spot on for two. Expect some time and frustration as you transition to the new infotainment but if you use headsets, you can tell it what you want it to do. Hd has a pretty good online trainer at hd.com under owners. It goes through the system and explains every function.

Good luck

Steve
I didn't know about the online trainer. Sounds like that will make it easier. Thanks

I didn't know about the online trainer. Sounds like that will make it easier. Thanks

Same here. I keep thinking one of these days during my Trike's winter hibernation I'm going to read the owner's manual cover to cover. Haven't done that yet but now I think I'll start with the online trainer. Might make what I read in the manual sink in better. Thanks for sharing.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png