Murphy's law

Jul 5, 2010
Minnesota
:laugh:

So I traded my 2009 Tri Glide in. Mason City, IA dealer. They have yet to come pick it up. Not a problem. I had items that needed to come off. Had to move it today. Hit the reverse switch. It moved a few feet then BAM! The reverse quit! Just gave the bad news to the sales guy.

Lucky for them I have not canceled the ESP yet. Called the sales guy and let him know. I had predicted to him that the reverse would not make it through 2015! :laugh::laugh:

:laugh:

So I traded my 2009 Tri Glide in. Mason City, IA dealer. They have yet to come pick it up. Not a problem. I had items that needed to come off. Had to move it today. Hit the reverse switch. It moved a few feet then BAM! The reverse quit! Just gave the bad news to the sales guy.

Lucky for them I have not canceled the ESP yet. Called the sales guy and let him know. I had predicted to him that the reverse would not make it through 2015! :laugh::laugh:

Wow, GREAT, let's hope THEY pay the ded., ha.

:pepper:

hey keystone, i wasnt sure about that one either ..

so i went out and tried it

If the reverse circuit breaker is tripped you can still hear reverse engage and disengage clearly.. on mine i can even feel it attempt to move a little, but there is no motor whine..

so you may well have just tripped the breaker..

its just under the riders side side cover..

im having problems uploading pics atm but will attempt to draw a pic and scan it

its good to be able to help a mate from here..

- - - Updated - - -

ooops didnt see last 2 posts.. oh well at least its probably an easy fix for whoever is responsible for it... but if you need to back it out in the meantime you probably can

]
incprot_zpsd6161a4f.jpg
[/URL]

hope this works even if you dont need it it may help someone..

i only found the trip when my reverse died, as i have no warrantee here

- - - Updated - - -

red button trips.. black lever resets

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png