Found on a another Goldwing site I thought was Interesting.

Re: Found on a another Goldwing site I thought was Interesting.

I guess when you include world markets, especially Asia, it's no wonder that Honda is at the top of the list. They certainly charge enough for them.;) With all those trillions, they should be able to incorporate more appropriate and useful updates. :Shrug:

I guess when you include world markets, especially Asia, it's no wonder that Honda is at the top of the list. They certainly charge enough for them.;) With all those trillions, they should be able to incorporate more appropriate and useful updates. :Shrug:
Jim
What would you consider as appropriate and useful updates? I'm just wondering what would improve the Goldwing, in your opinion.
Other than the sitting position I am rather happy with mine, but then again I am a simple man.:)

Kent,

Don't get me wrong, the Goldwing is a wonderful specimen of a motorcycle and I've owned 3 versions of it. The ergonomics you speak of is definitely something they could re-engineer (we're not all 5-8 to 5-10). Personally, I would love forward foot controls :D. Why not add modern safety amenities such as ABS (not as a higher priced option) and HID lighting (lesser priced bikes have these). I would bet 90% of owners add a 12V port which is easy since the bike is pre-wired, but we have to pay extra to make it functional. I know it's only $65 (or less for after-market), but it's the point. The 1500 was around for 12 years with minimal improvements and the 1800 has virtually remained unchanged, excluding cosmetics, for 14. Some of that $13.7 billion could be passed on to loyal Honda owners in the form of of the things I mention.

I'm not wishing a debate, just stating my opinion to answer your question. Okay, enough talking, LET'S RIDE!

Looks like a rock throwing contest starting up here, but aint many man made products that don't have room for improvements. I kinda like my WING and hope everyone else is satisfied with their ride. Are their prices not inline with other bikes in their class?

The price of the Wing went up sharply after they stopped building them here in Ohio. Remember that "special law" that Harley got Congress to ram thru on us several years ago that put extra import duties on bikes not assembled in the USA. Another give away to Harley to protect their market share. I saw the new Ultras when they came out last Summer and they were 28-30K. Everything is high these days and I think that is why many folks try to buy a good used model and trike it.

Neither Harley or Gold Wing have changed since their inception. Gold Wing is still a flat engine with a shaft drive and Harley is still a vibrating v twin however many final drives are available. The wise investor will spend their hard earned money on the bike they can stay on comfortably for the longest amount of time. This leads to another question. Could the electrical engine be the answer to a smother operating bike?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png