2014 TG Dash Upgrades

In your dash panel on the left side I see the two new auxiliary switches. I have also installed these in my 14 trike. But my questions is the Lock and Unlock buttons on the right side, what are these and where did you get them?

I tried the Harley Garage Door Opener but it would not work with my Smart Door Opener. I knew I needed to trigger a Smart Remote device but needed a momentary switch to activate a 12V relay and use the points to trigger the remote. I was at the dealer and saw the Lock/Unlock Buttons on a CVO. I ordered the asm, PN 71400033. This gets you a switch asm/lighted for the right side with one dummy button, one Momentary Lock button and one Momentary Unlock button. These are not lighted like the Push-on/Push-off buttons for the Aux lights and ACC buttons. Also if you have those buttons, they will be upside down if you try to install them in the right switch pack. All the switch wires go thru J105LA & J105RA back to J4 under the left side cover (it is the P&A Accessory Connector.

Looks great, and brings up several questions...

I am (have been) looking for the same setup; oil temp gauge and switch for garage door opener. The Harley hi/low beam opener is expensive, and doesn't work for some, the Hog Pen switch apparently is for up to '13 models, the GripSwitch doesn't fit under the master cylinder, etc.

I have already installed the 71400105 switch kit on the left side, and have been searching online for the 71400033 kit, with no luck. Did you find it at a dealer?

Also, what smart remote did you use? I have the 12V relay that I was going to use to trigger my existing remote from my Jeep (would take soldering a wire pair to the button terminals) but then I would have no remote for that, so I need to buy another in any case.

As far as the oil temp gauge, I figured to pick up DC+ and DC- at the accessory socket on the right side of the dash.

Nice work!

My garage door opener is a Chamberlain 349544EV. It came with two remotes. I am using one of them for the Tri-Glide.
The right side switch kit is listed in the CVO parts catalog. I saw the switches on a CVO at the dealer.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png