Which trike conversion is best?

Crossroads Trikes

Sponsor - Crossroads Trikes
Mar 21, 2014
Salt Lake City, UT, USA
One of the questions we deal with most often is “Which trike conversion is best?” For owners of some less popular motorcycles, the answer to this question may be limited by the available conversions. For instance only one of our manufacturers, Hannigan, makes a trike conversion for the BMW motorcycles.
Owners of more popular motorcycles such as the Honda Goldwing or Harley Davidson FLH Cruisers have a much wider choice, so the question does require a more thoughtful answer. The answers to a series of questions help us better understand which conversion goes best with which rider.
1. Is most of your riding long-distance riding (a week or two of 300 mile days), short trips (2-5 day trips), or around town with occasional day trips?
2. Do you prefer a firm or a soft ride?
3. Are you an aggressive (do you like to push the limits of your ride) or a conservative rider?
4. Do you usually have a passenger?

Advantages overlap between the various conversion brands so the answer which trike is best for you still requires the some thought even with the answers to these questions. All of the manufacturers for which we are dealers have excellent quality products, so making a decision on style alone is not uncommon. If you would like us to help you work through the decision process we would love to hear from you. We also eagerly anticipate your comments.

Looked at your website and it appears you represent most of the big trike brands. As far as "best", most folks will go with what they just bought as it reflects on their taste and intelligence. If the trike performs half decently, they will praise it but if it has a problem, they will become bitter critics. I think the main difference in quality between brands, other than a few engineering glitches, such as in drive shafts or seals, etc., lies in the install. I have a Roadsmith GL1500 conversion with floorboards, aux tank and it is well suited for the geezerly riding my wife and I do. Only issue I have is that I think the Progressive shocks (I think they are 13" 637s) cold be improved on as we have to keep the preload cranked all the way to get a good ride. At some point, I am going to experiment with different shocks or at least spring rates.

The best conversion is the one you dumped several thousand dollars into, in most cases.
There are as many versions of what is best as there are riders and brands available to ride.
I have an 06 GL1800 with a 2012 Roadsmith conversion. I am happy with it, it does all that I ask it to do and has a smile while it is doing it.
I bought the Roadsmith for 3 reasons, IRS, storage capacity and the 5 gallon aux tank.
So each to his own.
Later
Kent

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png