Running Boards

I opted out on the running board option on my Road Smith. I think it's easier to get under the machine for oil change, etc. Maybe it's just me, but the boards look like they would restrict the leg stretch, and get easily scuffed. Just my opinion, I'm sure you'll get other opinions. It's all about choices. Here's a thought, ride it for a while after the build and without the boards, if you don't like the set up, have the builder put the boards on.

Can't Flintstone with running boards. Looks more like a motorcycle without running boards. Easyer to work on without running boards. Floorboards and highway pegs looks best IMHO!

Attachments

• VTX done 005.JPG
    VTX done 005.JPG
    231.8 KB · Views: 113
  • VTX done 006.JPG
    VTX done 006.JPG
    208.4 KB · Views: 113
Have them on Pearl II and would not be with out them. I like the looks and think they help in the rain. Keep in mind if you decide to do them later they have to be painted and all the process of installing them. Good luck with your decision. RIDE SAFE

Can't Flintstone with running boards. Looks more like a motorcycle without running boards. Easyer to work on without running boards. Floorboards and highway pegs looks best IMHO!

yea : what he said.
I agree with all the above and with my leg reach I don't always keep my feet up at stop signs . it helps me to be able to move a little while stopped . not to mention the cost of them. IMO I say no.

Friends that ride GW trikes have the running boards....like the looks on theirs, but not on a Tri-Glide. Too expensive for what you get. I say NO also!

yea : what he said.
I agree with all the above and with my leg reach I don't always keep my feet up at stop signs . it helps me to be able to move a little while stopped . not to mention the cost of them. IMO I say no.

:Agree: Yup!

As someone that rides 12 months a year, I'm also looking at adding Lehman EFX running boards to mine. I already had HD Daymaker Fog lights installed so I don't really need any extra light like on the Motor Trike boards.

Friends that ride GW trikes have the running boards....like the looks on theirs, but not on a Tri-Glide. Too expensive for what you get. I say NO also!
Hi, Check these out. Trike Mid Step Thanks Tom

Attachments

• 1939986_1427382764167890_177971812_n.jpeg
    1939986_1427382764167890_177971812_n.jpeg
    91.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 1794721_1427444994161667_983509226_n.jpeg
    1794721_1427444994161667_983509226_n.jpeg
    145.9 KB · Views: 0
I had the Lehman running boards on my 2003 Harley converted Lehman trike and love them, after totaling it out I purchased a 2013 Tri-Guide and had the Lehman boards installed along with a new header pipes to get rid of the excess heat, both worked great. I have since ordered a 2015 Tri-Guide and again having the Lehman running boards and new header pipes installed. May be expensive but I myself like to ride and if it is raining that does not stop me and the running the boards keeps the back of my legs dry unless I get the urge to plow thru a large puddle. I looked at the Road Smith boards and they looked to bulky so I stuck with Lehman.

I had the Lehman running boards on my 2003 Harley converted Lehman trike and love them, after totaling it out I purchased a 2013 Tri-Guide and had the Lehman boards installed along with a new header pipes to get rid of the excess heat, both worked great. I have since ordered a 2015 Tri-Guide and again having the Lehman running boards and new header pipes installed. May be expensive but I myself like to ride and if it is raining that does not stop me and the running the boards keeps the back of my legs dry unless I get the urge to plow thru a large puddle. I looked at the Road Smith boards and they looked to bulky so I stuck with Lehman.

Good to hear from someone that actually had them. I agree they are pricey but I ride 12 months a year and had over 106,000 miles on my '07' Ultra when I traded it in for a 14 Tri-Glide.

trike mid step you ought to design a set to be used with running boards and maybe a bit cheaper. running boards as it states keep you dryer when raining where as your mid steps don't do this but it looks like it does as you advertise. I would buy them if they fit with my lehman boards.

Decided to go with the Lehman EFX Running Boards painted to match my '14' TG. Adding them along with the painted Inner Fairing in the next few months so she looks good for this years riding.

trike mid step you ought to design a set to be used with running boards and maybe a bit cheaper. running boards as it states keep you dryer when raining where as your mid steps don't do this but it looks like it does as you advertise. I would buy them if they fit with my lehman boards.
Hi, Thanks for your comments. Boards would have to be customized with a notch out of them. We demonstrated the blue vulcan at least 5000 times at rallies and not a scratch on fenders. They make mount and dis mounting trike a lot easier. DSCN0435.jpgThanks Tom

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png