New Seat

Sooo, my 2012 seat is unraveling at the seems. Any suggestions on who to go to? Corbin? Not sure, meh!

if you just want your old seat fixed and you like your seat; any opholstery shop should be able to restitch it for you. if you want a different one, there are a lot of seat companies on the net. some Harley shops have a dept. that can fit you with there seats on your bike. every one is different in size, it will be difficult to tell you what seat that will fit your shape, but, I am sure someone will give you their likes of the many seats that are out there. my opholstery guy redid my Harley seat the way I wanted it to fit my shape and
WEIGHT while I was there at his shop. I suggested using the latest in foams (2) kinds.

I just saw a pic of the new Saddleman sofa ls. It looks really nice. Gel seats do not hold up well in really hot conditions .... but the saddleman is layered so I'm thinking it should work well. I just use an Airhawk R seat cushion and it works great for me. If I'm getting a new seat I will have one custom made just for my butt. :laugh: I'd like to add that jeans are the most uncomfortable to do distance rides in .... but my Olympia Airglide pants are a pleasure to ride in even without the additional seat pad.

Bob :Dorag:

Sooo, my 2012 seat is unraveling at the seems. Any suggestions on who to go to? Corbin? Not sure, meh!

I replaced mine with the Harley Hammock seat. Well worth the money.
we do a lot of long distance riding and it pays to have a comfortable seat. We tried the air adjustable type on previous bikes and this one is much better.
Many Harley shops have demo seats that you try before you buy.

Gary

I'm also looking at a new seat. Had a Mustang Seat on my 07 Ultra with 100,000+ miles and loved it. Thinking about a Mustang or Saddleman Roadsofa LS for my '14' Tri-Glide.

Yep..! Good ol' Mustang seats.. Switched my stock to a Mustang right after I got my TG.
Great seat,, can sit on it all day with issues, and BOB {Babe on Back } loves her section of it better than the old stock seat too. Butt,,, everyone's butt is different of course. It is always a personal choice.

Mustang seats have always been my seat of choice, but the most comfortable seat I've ever had was a Danny Gray seat. It was also the most expensive, but worth every penny. I find Corbins to hard for my taste and comfort and I've never had a Harley seat that was as good as the Mustangs I've had. Well, there you go. Thats the opinion my backside has to offer. Yours may feel differently about it.

Love my 15 but as usual the stock HD seat left something to be desired. After owning several ( read "many) HD bikes, I have always wondered why the stock seats always SUCKED!! Guess it had to do with HD not spending the money to make a comfortable stock seat so you would spend on a HD aftermarket seat. Having said that, I gave it 2k miles to really make up my mind to go with another seat. Have had 3 Mustangs and a couple of weeks ago, decided to get one for the triglide. Didn't hurt it was a birthday present to myself with love and affection..LOL. As usual I really like the mustang and glad I made the switch. Just my .02

Love my 15 but as usual the stock HD seat left something to be desired. After owning several ( read "many) HD bikes, I have always wondered why the stock seats always SUCKED!! Guess it had to do with HD not spending the money to make a comfortable stock seat so you would spend on a HD aftermarket seat. Having said that, I gave it 2k miles to really make up my mind to go with another seat. Have had 3 Mustangs and a couple of weeks ago, decided to get one for the triglide. Didn't hurt it was a birthday present to myself with love and affection..LOL. As usual I really like the mustang and glad I made the switch. Just my .02

I had a friend that told me that Harley makes motorcycles, not seats. I guess we should expect that a component manufacturer like Mustang makes a better piece than the company that is assembling a whole bunch of pieces. Harley's expertise is putting together a whole bunch of parts. Mustang and other seat manufacturers make basically 1 part. Here's a thought. Harley could sell a bike without a seat and let the customer put on whatever he wanted! That would work for me because I don't remember ever keeping the stock seat on the bike.

I had a friend that told me that Harley makes motorcycles, not seats. I guess we should expect that a component manufacturer like Mustang makes a better piece than the company that is assembling a whole bunch of pieces. Harley's expertise is putting together a whole bunch of parts. Mustang and other seat manufacturers make basically 1 part. Here's a thought. Harley could sell a bike without a seat and let the customer put on whatever he wanted! That would work for me because I don't remember ever keeping the stock seat on the bike.

Actually if you think about it, that is what Harley is doing. They let you have a seat that is bare minimum for a seat then you can put what ever you prefer on & love it.
If Harley put on a Corbin, Or a Mustang I doubt everyone would like what it came with.

Actually if you think about it, that is what Harley is doing. They let you have a seat that is bare minimum for a seat then you can put what ever you prefer on & love it.
If Harley put on a Corbin, Or a Mustang I doubt everyone would like what it came with.

If they put a Mustang or Corbin on it, at least someone would be willing to buy it when you changed it out. Harley does make some mighty fine LOOKING seats, they just aren't comfortable.

I replaced mine with the Harley Hammock seat. .....
Gary
Agree 100% on the Hammock seat...

Someone mentioned jeans being uncomfortable to ride it....go commando, might surprise you. Underwear seams and moisture trapped is what makes jeans uncomfortable. Try a little "Monkey Butt" for added comfort.

8~\o

I have Mustang seats on my last three Harleys.. LUV them. My wife has had two major back operations, (8 titanium screws two rods and assorted hardware in there) When we had our Ultra she rode back from a trip to Niagara Falls straight thru except for Gas and Eats. Almost 500 miles. I now have a 2014 FLHXS which is at Ace Trikes in New Jersey being converted to a RoadSmith HDTR Trike, I am currently using a Mustang two piece touring seat and when the BOB is not on back I take her seat off.

The other big secret for comfort is Sheepskin. They used to use them to keep people from getting bedsores in hospitals and nursing facility, jeans absorb the sweat and since the new seat are not very porous the sweat stays on you butt and the jeans aggrevate the problem. I use a sheepskin that is not custom fitted, I bought a sheepskin cut it down and just set in the seat, works for me and the BOB..
ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png