Roadsmith Fork Traxxion Springs

Back in '05 or '06 (don't have the info in front of me) I had the full monty done by Traxxion in their facility on my '01 Wing. It wasn't cheap but it was worth it. When I had the bike triked a few months ago, I had the front suspension serviced. My installer called Traxxion who was of tremendous help. When I picked up the trike I went for a 50 mile spin in 37 degree temps. It handled so superior to the 2 trikes I had demo'ed. I was absolutely amazed! I wouldn't have a Wing without a Traxxion suspension. Hope my experience helps. BTW I have the Roadsmith HTS1800 kit.

Are your present springs OEM? How many miles on them?
As for me, I tested several different front suspensions when I triked. Not all one one bike but, rode several trikes.
I always found the front forks to "stiff" with after market springs. Would have really liked to have tried the mono-tubes but, it seems, there are no plans to produce them for a trike application!!!!
I just recently replaced my springs w/a new set of OEM's and all is well for me again.
All of them will wear out!
Also a lot cheaper to replace the OEM's, every 30K or so, than the cost of some of the after market springs!

I'm only getting the spring upgrade, did you find it raised the trike any, like making the seat higher?
I haven't measured so I don't know exact change, but it is higher. I did not notice it in the seat. I did notice it when I changed the oil. Kinda funny

In my mind - if the bottom of the engine was higher off the ground then the top of the seat will also be higher but not quite as much. I step on the Wing Guards while mounting/dismounting the trike so that would not matter. For someone that mounts directly from ground level that could very well be an issue.

Traxxion says there will be a slight increase in the front, and 'some' at the seat, but not as much as in the front fork area.

Yes, I understand standing on the board, or peg and throwing the leg over, but i Have a back rest and that's prohibitive for me. I may have to remove the back rest, no biggie, I can ride OK without one.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazybiker 46

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazybiker 46
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png