“Stop Sales Stop Riding” Recall Ban ???

ThumbUpClass act if they found the problem and stopped sales accordingly . I do say it's a very serious problem and the very reason I never want anything in the trial years . ThumbUp

I saw that info over the weekend. I'll be checking in with my dealer Wednesday so hopefully figure out when & how long it'll take to get resolved. Cold & snowbound so ain't going anywhere soon anyhow.
I to am glad Polaris is taking this action to resolve this problem now instead of dragging it out on a piecemeal basis.

Parts for the recall finally arrived today at my dealership. Probably won't get the trike into their shop till next Monday due to weather here. They got in a red and a grey this week that had already had the updated steering done.

I went to the slingshot forum. Some guys are advocating "just drive it till the parts come in". Those will be the first guys to sue if they get into an accident and dumb ass juror's will award them big bucks in damages even though they were told to park it. That's what is wrong with this country.

Polaris learned that some of the Slingshots may have been assembled with defective ball bearings which may fail. In case one or more bearings located in the steering rack break down, they would cause the loss of steering control, dramatically increasing the risk of a crash, personal injury or property damage. :AGGHH::AGGHH::AGGHH:

At this point in time, from what I've read at the Slingshot forums, most everyone has the steering recall done. With great results too, I might add. Especially those who live in the south. I was going to take mine in this week but between waiting for one roll hoop to come in & this artic blast hitting us I'm going to wait another week. Hopefully by then winter may at least be almost done here or not as intense. Sure looking to some spring riding times.
Larry

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png