new member with cbx1000 trike wip

Feb 19, 2010
Hi all, im new here so thought i should register and join in and help some guys out if helps needed and get the same back from you guys,
im 80% complete on my new project which is a honda 1979 cbx1000z 6 cylinder trike using a reliant 3 wheeler rear axle and a special swinging arm bolted on the rear suspension is kawasaki front end is honda beefy cbr 100 blacbird so should be strong enough to take some treatment,
anyway will list some pics when i see how to,
kind regards Phill in the UK

Hi Phil and welcome to TrikeTalk! Great pictures of your trike! You said 80% done.... what all are you still working on? It looks like you'll have some fun with that one!

Hi Nano, i have to get 60mm taken out of the propshaft to get the chain drive sprockets to line up, also i have to match the honda cbr600 switch gear into the cbx 1000, i have stainless steel mudguards to fit also rear led lights, i have just bought a Harley brand new headlight today for her but not sure if the dip is right for the uk so need to somehow find out, the HD part number is 67905-00a and says left dip !!!! so need to talk to a harley expert and see if it will do,
i hope to finish her within the next 2 months and cant wait,
Regards Phill

Now that is a neat project.
A greybeard that pretty much mentored me when I was a young rider - he gave me the bell on my 2 wheeler that I have had on various bikes for 37 years - always said that if you don't wrench on your ride it's not really yours. That trike will really be yours!
(Please don't take offense if you aren't the mechanical type)

Have fun, and welcome to TT from SW Missouri.

welcome phill-
that is a neat-looking project. keep the pictures coming.
is the rear all going to be stainless, or will there be fiberglass or other materials involved? really interesting
dave

Hi all,
thanks for the feedback guys, the rear will be all open as is, accept for stainless flat plate mudguards tightley fitted around the tyres, axle after shortening will be satin black and the same with the swinging arm, small led lights,will post more pics as she developes on,
Thanks;) again, regards Phill

Hi all,
thanks for the feedback guys, the rear will be all open as is, accept for stainless flat plate mudguards tightley fitted around the tyres, axle after shortening will be satin black and the same with the swinging arm, small led lights,will post more pics as she developes on,
Thanks;) again, regards Phill

I eye-balled the pics Phill, sure looks like it's going to be bag of fun :D
A question, do you get anybody suggesting you're ruining a 'collectable'? I know I do with the Valkyrie, but as I said to a guy only last Saturday,
"Yes, I do realise as a collectable it's value is probably ruined, but hey, I'll be riding
it into the grave so I'll let the next generation worry about that"

Looks great mate... and don't forget to share the progress pics :D

Hi Puff, no i havent yet but im sure those words will pass my ears soon, however i wanted trike since being at school, and to me this is the best bike that will give me what i want, although collectable its my bike and my dream and i only live once so living it as i want,
i did feel uncomforatable taking a grinder to her !! but its a bolt on rear end so could be converted back,
so yes mate tottaly agree, my cbx club have not heard what i have done yet, but im ready for them ha ha ha
thanks regards Phill,
yes will update pics as i go along,

if i dont get beaton up by the jap classic bike club members first LOL

Hi Puff, no i havent yet but im sure those words will pass my ears soon, however i wanted trike since being at school, and to me this is the best bike that will give me what i want, although collectable its my bike and my dream and i only live once so living it as i want,
i did feel uncomforatable taking a grinder to her !! but its a bolt on rear end so could be converted back,
so yes mate tottaly agree, my cbx club have not heard what i have done yet, but im ready for them ha ha ha
thanks regards Phill,
yes will update pics as i go along,

if i dont get beaton up by the jap classic bike club members first LOL

The reason I asked, is because we in Oz import a mere portion of the bikes that
go to USA and Europe, and as such, older bikes (and yes, including my Valkyrie)
become treasured items.

In fact, the CBX 1000 in good condition would easily fetch A$25,000 +.
The Valkyries not quite so much yet, but I think will start improving in value since
they are no longer in production... in fact, mine was the 29th into Australia :eek:

And I had to chuckle at the bit where you say "it could be converted back"...
betcha don't :D I had the same thoughts, but realised "who am I kidding"
I gave away the rear hub and shockers last week... bit hard now :D
After all the effort of doing the conversion, I doubt whether you or me will return
either bike to their former glory. Besides, triking just grabs you and makes you an addict.

PS... By the looks of your pics the front-end hasn't been raked... have you ridden
it yet? And if so, how'd it handle?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildthang

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildthang
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png