Question about Ride-On sealant

Mar 29, 2011
mountain home,ar. USA
Thinking about using Ride-On on rear trike tires. Have Centramatic balancers on front.

What do you do when you change tires? Do they clean the rim and then re-install Ride-On, OR, do they simply add more after new tire is mounted? Do you balance new tire?

Thinking about using Ride-On on rear trike tires. Have Centramatic balancers on front.

What do you do when you change tires? Do they clean the rim and then re-install Ride-On, OR, do they simply add more after new tire is mounted? Do you balance new tire?

Ride-on can be scooped out and be reused in the new tire.. As far as balancing most people that use it remove the wheel weights and claim balancing is not needed. :Shrug:

I haven't had to change my tires yet, but it takes a while to wear those rears out, I think I'll just use new RideOn. You could probably go to their web site and get some information. Getting that stuff in the tire is no easy task. Can't cut tht nozzle to far back or it will be too large to go in the stem, they you need some type of clamp arrange to squeeze the goop into the tire. Having said all that, I still think it's worth the price and effort.

I would put RideOn in the front tire also! Remember, it a sealant also.

What do you do when you change tires? Do they clean the rim

1. If properly installed there should not be any of the product on the rim.
2. It is customary to clean the rubber residue, from the tire, that is usually on the bead of the rim.

and then re-install Ride-On, OR, do they simply add more after new tire is mounted?

I have never heard of "reinstalling" RideOn from a used tire!!! I always install fresh Do you balance new tire?
No, RideOn is a balancer, as well as a sealant.

While it is some what difficult to dispense, there is a plastic tube that comes w/the product. That is the media between the valve stem and the tip of the bottle.
It takes a little time to squeeze the contents out and I have a wood clamp to assist getting the product out of the bottle!
Also, note in the instructions how to properly install the product.
You are also to take a ride after install to properly spread the product in the tire.
Be prepared for a "shaky" ride until the product is spread and starts doing it's job!

I haven't had to change my tires yet, but it takes a while to wear those rears out, I think I'll just use new RideOn. You could probably go to their web site and get some information. Getting that stuff in the tire is no easy task. Can't cut tht nozzle to far back or it will be too large to go in the stem, they you need some type of clamp arrange to squeeze the goop into the tire. Having said all that, I still think it's worth the price and effort.

My rideon came with a plastic tube that fit over the valve stem and if you turn the valve to the up position you can squeeze it right in . Also it can be washed off of the rim with a water hose before mounting the new tire. I think I will buy new instead of trying to scoop it out to reuse it.

Have used Ride-On in 4 different bikes now....no punctures or flats. Be sure is you use it to put the recommended amount in each tire. Think they recommend on the rear on the TK, each tire use 19oz which is basically 2 1/2 bottles.

As far as scooping it out....NAH!! I wouldn't even want to attempt that. It adheres pretty good to the inside of the tire. Scooping it out would be a nightmare.

As far as

Have used Ride-On in 4 different bikes now....no punctures or flats. Be sure is you use it to put the recommended amount in each tire. Think they recommend on the rear on the TK, each tire use 19oz which is basically 2 1/2 bottles.

As far as scooping it out....NAH!! I wouldn't even want to attempt that. It adheres pretty good to the inside of the tire. Scooping it out would be a nightmare.

As far as

The reason I said you can scoop it out, Is most naysayers will say that 'they have been told by a 3 dollar an hour tire changer that that stuff[Ride-On] is imposable to remove, And if you use it I'm goona give you dirty looks all the while I'm changing your tire... :D
Tire changers don't want ''you'' to fix a flat, They want to sell you a new one...

The reason I said you can scoop it out, Is most naysayers will say that 'they have been told by a 3 dollar an hour tire changer that that stuff[Ride-On] is imposable to remove, And if you use it I'm goona give you dirty looks all the while I'm changing your tire... :D
Tire changers don't want ''you'' to fix a flat, They want to sell you a new one...

NO, if you're talking Slime I'm going to agree 1000% That stuff is a disaster when you go to change a tire. I forgot to tell my tire guy one time back when that I had Slime in the tires. Thought he was going to hang me with an old rope. Until I switched to Ride-on I'd drill a 1" hole in thread of the tire and let that Slime crap drain for 2-3 days before I took it to him. Ride-On, no problem.

8~\o

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tune man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tune man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png