I've been here a week now

Jan 23, 2015
Vernon, VT US
Hi all, I've been on board about a week and completely enjoying reading the posts. Although I've never been a big poster, some of you might recognize my screen name from GL1800 and RidersRally forums.

I currently ride a '01 GL1800 with just over 84,000 miles....and that's with working a 6 day a week tractor trailer driving job AND a 24 month period with the bike sitting in the shed, battery out, while I had a back injury that eventually required surgery. So, whenever I can ride I do put on the miles. I'm now retired, so I anticipate some longer riding trips in the future. It will be great to take a trip and not have to think about the need to get back home to go to work on the following Monday. I came up with the roadrunner1800 years ago when I got the 1800 Goldwing because I was putting huge mileages up weekly for work and of course the 1800 for the bike. I had 30 years and 3,000,000 miles driving the big rigs, accident free!

Because of the back issues that left me weak in the right leg, I have decided to put a trike kit under my Wing....still lots of good miles left in it. I've done a lot of hours checking out the different brands and I've decided I like the Roadsmith the best. The hardest decision left now is whether to go with the HTS or the HT version. I really like the looks of both styles.
I plan on having:
  • rake kit
  • aux fuel tank
  • adjustable preload suspension
  • performance sway bar
  • chrome rear rims
  • draw bar and trailer harness
  • chrome nerf bar
  • unlighted mudflaps
  • passenger storage pouches....this is for my wife

If I can figure out how to change the size of pictures in my album I might post a few on this board. Right now all my pictures are full size and I see this board limits the size allowed to be posted.

Allen Serviss Vernon, VT......I'm on the member map

Hi Jonesy,

I had noticed the East Gathering post soon after I joined this group. I do ride all the roads in this area and know the area well over by Wilmington and West Dover...also know where the Grey Goose is and have seen all the bikes and rallies that stay there. Until I retired I was doing the gasoline deliveries, by big rig tankers, into the two gas stations in West Dover. I drove for JP Noonan, terminal based out of West Springfield, MA. I could probably show you some good routes you may not know once this damn winter leaves us and riding season returns.

A word of advise as far as traveling Rt 142 in Vernon, the dumbasses in Vernon voted to disband our "friendly" local police dept. to save about $50,000 annually due to our nuke plant shutting down, so now the Town has a contract with the County Sheriff for enforcement. They have had a rather serious effect on happy motoring around this Town since last July 1st.

Just south of West Dover and the Wilmington Elementary School....about a 1 1/4 mile north of the stop light in Wilmington sits a picture perfect farm way off the highway....they sell maple sugar products and syrup in a shanty out by rt 100 during the summer. The owners are Henry and Carrie Wheeler and are longtime Goldwinger's and up until health problems two seasons ago they rode a Goldwing Trike. They love to talk as VT farmers might and would love to see your group of trikers stop in during your rally.

Give me a call sometime and we'll check out some routes....802-254-2088

Allen Serviss Vernon,VT

There is a program you can use to resize your pictures. It's a free download Google= PIXresizer, work good for me with a minimum of fuss.

Hi all, I've been on board about a week and completely enjoying reading the posts. Although I've never been a big poster, some of you might recognize my screen name from GL1800 and RidersRally forums.

I currently ride a '01 GL1800 with just over 84,000 miles....and that's with working a 6 day a week tractor trailer driving job AND a 24 month period with the bike sitting in the shed, battery out, while I had a back injury that eventually required surgery. So, whenever I can ride I do put on the miles. I'm now retired, so I anticipate some longer riding trips in the future. It will be great to take a trip and not have to think about the need to get back home to go to work on the following Monday. I came up with the roadrunner1800 years ago when I got the 1800 Goldwing because I was putting huge mileages up weekly for work and of course the 1800 for the bike. I had 30 years and 3,000,000 miles driving the big rigs, accident free!

Because of the back issues that left me weak in the right leg, I have decided to put a trike kit under my Wing....still lots of good miles left in it. I've done a lot of hours checking out the different brands and I've decided I like the Roadsmith the best. The hardest decision left now is whether to go with the HTS or the HT version. I really like the looks of both styles.
I plan on having:
  • rake kit
  • aux fuel tank
  • performance sway bar
  • chrome rear rims
  • chrome nerf bar
  • unlighted mudflaps

If I can figure out how to change the size of pictures in my album I might post a few on this board. Right now all my pictures are full size and I see this board limits the size allowed to be posted.

Allen Serviss Vernon, VT......I'm on the member map
Welcome roadrunner1800 A great Trike talk forum. Thanks Tom

WELCOME to TRIKE TALK.....Great List of Must Haves & Accessories You've assembled.....ThumbUp

skuuter....trike not assembled yet.....currently riding the "01 GL1800 on two wheels....well, will be riding when the 2 1/2' snow melts off the ground in front of my shed here in VT.

I plan on having:

• rake kit
  • aux fuel tank
  • performance sway bar
  • chrome rear rims
  • chrome nerf bar
  • unlighted mudflaps

everything from the rake kit to the drawbar for my trailer I consider necessary items. The nerf bar and mudflaps are for me and I felt the need to add something (storage pouches) to keep the missus happy.

Everything is on a hold right now until my late parents estate property and home in VT is sold, then the my settlement share will be the cash to do this conversion. Now, if I could only convince someone here on this board the benefits of living in the great State of Vermont...maybe a time share sale... with some fine riding April - Nov., then snowmobiling or other winter sports after that I'd be on my way with three wheels under me. Sorry, no oceanfront beach included with this property.

I have been reading with great interest, and watched John Luciano,s video of how to get on and off a trike. I just refuse to swing my foot forward over the top of the fuel tank and am too darned short to grab the pant leg and hoist it on over. He actually came very close to his tank. When we first got the bike my wife was swinging the leg over the tank getting on and off and came so close to hitting the tank with her heel that we finally watched a couple we are friends with get on and off. Driver on first, standing on the drivers peg with left leg, swinging right leg towards the back and over the Utopia back rest and seat and sitting down. My wife then puts her left foot on her floorboard and STEPS straight over the seat with her right leg and sits. We do this and she never hits the saddlebag with the right foot. Now, does the front fender, of a Roadsmith HTS, come farther forward than the leading edge of the removed saddlebag? So hitting the fender with the right foot then would become a problem. Same question for a Roadsmith HT....I'm not sure which of the two I will end up with as I really like both models equally. I believe I did notice more of a forward look to the HTS fender in the pictures, but really close.

I mentioned my wife was doing the mount and dismount by swinging her right foot forward....in hindsight it must have been rather amusing to the public one time see the two of us jawing at each other in a public parking lot. With less than 500 miles on the odometer, she somehow managed to swing het foot over the tank and as she was dismounting her heal just clipped the "G" on the Goldwing word emblem on the sidecover. I stood there in shock as I watched that plastic "G" get broken off and fall to the pavement...leaving what says "oldwing" on the cover. Never did replace that emblem and have gotten rather fond of our "oldwing". and that's why swinging legs over the tank are discouraged ...even when I've let a friend ride it for a day and I rode his Ultra all day, I had to tell him not to get on like he does his Ultra.

Will be awaiting some advise on the get on / off question and the fender questions pertaining the Roadsmiths.

Allen Serviss Vernon, VT

Allen, are you using the guy in Keene, Nh. or Green River Honda in Greenfield, Ma. for the conversation. You could go to their showroom to test mounting and how to do it. Keene always has trikes in the showroom. Three's even a guy in Rutland, Vt. if I remember right.

Allen, are you using the guy in Keene, Nh. or Green River Honda in Greenfield, Ma. for the conversation. You could go to their showroom to test mounting and how to do it. Keene always has trikes in the showroom. Three's even a guy in Rutland, Vt. if I remember right.

Jonesy,

As of right now neither dealer....I have bought 2 bikes at Green River Honda in the past, and even used them for some minor repairs since it was only 15 miles from my home. Most repairs I was having done by Jim at VencoWings until he passed away just about a year ago. Also had a lot of suspension work (Traxxion) done by RocketMoto in Hollis, NH. Anyways, the service manager said he wants to do the conversion now as they DONT do trikes during the season...they only have two mechanics and doesn't want to dedicate one mechanic to do a trike and have other bikers going elsewhere for their work. Really was my first choice, but not to be I guess. That other bozo in Keene I went there once for a front tire change...I didn't know that the rear Traxxion shock had started puking oil everywhere. Well he wasn't happy that I wouldn't use him for the Traxxion repair work so he writes the bike up on the repair bill that it was unsafe to be operated on the road at any speed. RocketMoto did the repair under warranty and explained to me that Keene was unhappy because they couldn't get a Traxxion franchise with RocketMoto already having the franchise for that area. Keene does do Traxxion work but last I heard they have to buy the supplies from another Traxxion dealer since they cant be franchised. That whole deal PO'd me because I've always kept all records and receipts since the bike was new and he goes and writes that on the invoice.

The other dealer I've talked to has given me a great price installed out the door and is waiting for me to pull the trigger.

Aren't you glad you asked?

Allen Serviss Vernon, VT

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cantgetright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cantgetright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png