And while we are on the subject of Can Am's

We were at Pratt the other day and a pickup went by
pulling a Can Am backwards.
Apparently they had jury rigged a hookup from the hitch
on the Can Am to the hitch on the pickup.
Is this a good idea with a Can Am?
(ie towing it backwards)

We were at Pratt the other day and a pickup went by
pulling a Can Am backwards.
Apparently they had jury rigged a hookup from the hitch
on the Can Am to the hitch on the pickup.
Is this a good idea with a Can Am?
(ie towing it backwards)

As long as they're going slow and for a short tow. High speeds might damage the windshield, And I would think that without someone holding the handlebars those two front wheels will act like the tail wagging the dog.. When I had a spyder I had to tow it many times' [very unreliable toy] And I always used a trailer...

The front wheels are just on hubs..
they would have to lock the steering straight too before doing something like that..I would never try it ..:D

As long as they're going slow and for a short tow. High speeds might damage the windshield, And I would think that without someone holding the handlebars those two front wheels will act like the tail wagging the dog.. When I had a spyder I had to tow it many times' [very unreliable toy] And I always used a trailer...

3_4249507403@web185404_mail_gq1_yahoo.gif

Very few problems a suitable amount of high explosives wont cure?:D

I think this the first I have heard of unreliability issues on the can-am?

Guess I just haven't paid attention?

If it's mechanical, it will break huh?

View attachment 25215

Very few problems a suitable amount of high explosives wont cure?:D

I think this the first I have heard of unreliability issues on the can-am?

Guess I just haven't paid attention?

If it's mechanical, it will break huh?

Must be some of the older models with issues..The new 1330 is the bomb..:D No problems so far for me and others are saying they love the bike..

I have taken my hands off the handlebars and runs true and straight..

ive had 2 spyders a 2010 rs and then a 2013 rt both ran grate no troubles at all.so i dont know where he had a unreable spyder.and yes ive had 56 motorcycles but only a frew had any proulbms.ThumbUp

Attachments

• 007 - Copy.jpg
    007 - Copy.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0749.jpg
    IMG_0749.jpg
    988.9 KB · Views: 95
  • $T2eC16R,!)oFIeVItI))BSb9UTFjn!~~60_57.jpg
    $T2eC16R,!)oFIeVItI))BSb9UTFjn!~~60_57.jpg
    380.2 KB · Views: 83
ive had 2 spyders a 2010 rs and then a 2013 rt both ran grate no troubles at all.so i dont know where he had a unreable spyder.and yes ive had 56 motorcycles but only a frew had any proulbms.ThumbUp

You're on Spyderlovers, Search.. Front Sprocket failed, Main shaft failed , DPS, Brakes, Antifreeze leak, Limp mode. ETC, ETC, Buy the way over the years I had at least 18 bikes plus Two Trikes, Never had a problem with most of them except one Reverse Trike .

And this is the last I'm going to comment on this subject... 6-2-Charlie- Out..

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png