2013 tri glide lift question

Dec 24, 2014
dubuque,iowa
just bought used 2013 glide from local harley dealer, 7700 miles, ember red sunglo, and it,s a spotless beauty !! My question is, how do i know if it has a lift installed. The dealer thinks prior owner installed one already. I lookes under it and the bracket that mounts to the shock looks factory to me, just because its black and seems to be a perfect color match to the rest of the undercarriage. It has 5 to 5-1/4 inch clearance from ground to bottom of back of muffler. Thanks in advance !

just bought used 2013 glide from local harley dealer, 7700 miles, ember red sunglo, and it,s a spotless beauty !! My question is, how do i know if it has a lift installed. The dealer thinks prior owner installed one already. I lookes under it and the bracket that mounts to the shock looks factory to me, just because its black and seems to be a perfect color match to the rest of the undercarriage. It has 5 to 5-1/4 inch clearance from ground to bottom of back of muffler. Thanks in advance !

Check the threaded hole [boss] where it mounts to the shock. If it's round it's OEM. If it's a nut that's welded on it's the lift kit.

I have one on mine and I like the idea that you can't tell the factory one from the lift kit one except for the nut. This way the dealer never knows that anything has been done to the suspension. You would never know to look for the nut.

Yeah,,, but my dealer has lift kits at their parts counter and encourages TG buyers to purchase them to have the shop install it. They like lift kits.

I was the first one at our local HD to have the lift kit installed on my 2011 TG. Dealer installed them for me and then started ordering the lift kits and keeping them in stock. For the last couple years most of the new trikes being sold by the dealership have the lift kit installed as part of the "accessory" package.

2011 Merlot and Black TG

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png