2011 versus 2015 Bars

Nov 4, 2012
Pontoon Beach, IL
It was really nice here in Southern Illinois. Temperature almost to 70. Got about 300 miles in Saturday and Sunday.

When I got home I noticed discomfort between my shoulder blades and feel that I am leaning more forward than I had on the 11. I kept my Road Zeppelin seat so I know its not the seat. Also doesn't look like there is any place to hang a cup holder etc. on the bars. Have they changed it. Would the two inch pullback give me any more real estate on the bars? Oh I', 6' and didn't think I would need to change the bars but not sure now.

Yes, the bars on the '14-up are slightly different than on the earlier years, AND, they are not interchangeable.

I built some bars for my '11, but because of a few changes on the '14-up (different top trees, and different inner fairing and fairing cap) I could not swap them over. Had to build new bars for the 14.

The best way to know what you need in bars is to do the following-

1. Sit on the TG how you normally do, with your feet where you normally have them...hands in your lap.

2. Close your eyes

3. Lift your hands & put your hands where they are most comfortable.

4. Open your eyes, that is where you need your handlebar grips to be.

I would do the above a few times, to make sure that there is some consistency in where your hands are when you open your eyes.

If you have someone with a measuring tape while you're doing the above, they can measure from the center of the existing grip position, to the center of your fist to know what up or down is needed, along with how much further back is needed.

Getting those grips to the place where you hands are instinctively the most comfortable will add hours of comfortable riding you each day.

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lanakent900

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lanakent900
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png