Boat Trailer into Trike Hauler...

i did it but, never needed it so i cut it up for a workbench.took a simple boat trailer and took the rollers off and the guide for the keel.left the winch on it {just in case}.welded some tabs on all the way around to hold the deck in place.went to the junkyard and got some heavy aluminum grate.cut it to fit.{cut it with a jigsaw.i don't recommend a jigsaw.12 or 13 or maybe 40,i lost track after 5 or 6 blades.probably not 40 ,but it sure felt like it . REALLY noisy, not to mention nervewracking.}bolted it to the frame.made a ramp of angle iron boxed with more grate inside.welded a heavy angle across the back{kinda weak spot on the frame},hooked my hinges on, and there you are.no pics because i lost my memory awhile ago.makes an odd looking work bench {what with fenders on it and all and narrows toward the front but, i like it.}very simple to do.[if i can do it then ANYBODY can do it.]good luck:yes:

I did it also! But what i did was I took of the whole axle assembly. Took it to shop and had it cut and a section took out. Then they put thick wall steel pipe that just barley fit over the axle. Then they welded it at the ends next to the hub. Then when they finished that I built the trailer body myself. Be sure that it is straight and tongue ie even in middle and straight. It only took them a short time. picked it up same day i took it

Been thinking of doing that myself. Although I already have a 5x10 ramped landscape trailer one of these would be very light weight.
Redneck Ray has some pics showing what he's built.
Larry

:2cents:

I looked at the pic's of redneck ray's trike trailer. looks great.

i might add a movable front wheel clamp so it would adapt to shorter trikes.
i would bet that the rear section moves forward and back for that purpose.
i which case i would still add a clamp for the front wheel for added securing.
otherwise where can i get one of those. someone should be building them.

On sale at Lowe's you can get a wood floor 5X10 for under $700.00 normal $ is $999.99

:2cents:

I looked at the pic's of redneck ray's trike trailer. looks great.

i might add a movable front wheel clamp so it would adapt to shorter trikes.
i would bet that the rear section moves forward and back for that purpose.
i which case i would still add a clamp for the front wheel for added securing.
otherwise where can i get one of those. someone should be building them.

Redneckray builds them, triwinggirl. You can PM him.

Triwing girl,
there is no need for a clamp for the front wheel, the rear wheels are secured with a strap and a tie down strap around the front wheel and it does not go anywhere,
ray

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png