New Front tire

Jul 24, 2014
atwater ca usa
Just put on the Avon fron tire. Only tire that is - Specifically designed for trikes. No milage yet - so cant report on anything. But it sure looks different. Not so much of a rounded crown - but more ' flat on top ' looking. Will report back......

Seems to ride well. Milage should improve, better than riding on the small surface area of the -- top on the crown. Once that wears down - its "gone".

In the picture that you show you have a very large crack in that tire. I would be returning that tire post haste to the dealer for a replacement. I believe that tire is going to come apart on you soon.

I became ver worried. Went out and checked -- Hard to tell from the photograph -- but it is actually a thin ribbon of rudder that runs across the tire. It occurs in two place on the wheel. (see picture) tire.jpg Part of the mold process, i'm told. Thanks for the heads up.

Well, hurry up and put some miles on that tire before my BT45 needs replacing. I'd like to see your take on how it performs and what mileage you get.

I've got 5 kmiles on mine and I love. I live and ride in the Arkansas twisties and this tire is better in every way than either the bt-45 or MPA in the ride and handling categories. Mileage as yet is unknown. However, as I've said before, the ride and handling are so much better that even if this tire only gets the same mileage as the others I will buy it again. Keep in mind that here all GW trikes average between 11-13 k miles because of chip and seal roads, and the constant twisties.

I am one happy camper. YMMV.

Got me worried. The original photo doesnt show it - but that is a fine ribbon of loose rubber across tire. (See new picture) Part of the molding process, i'm told.
Thanks for the heads up

Attachments

• tire.jpg
    tire.jpg
    556.5 KB · Views: 67
I priced that tire at Iron pony yesterday it was $154. plus tax. I went with the MPA due to it being a new build and wasn't sure how it would hold up mileage wise but was a good looking profile.

That tread pattern looks a lot like the Michlen Pilot Active that i'm running on my trike. Keep us posted as to your wear and mileage as I'm going to have to start looking around for my replacement soon.

For the Harley Triglide guys; Avon hasn't made the wide tire for us yet. That is what their spokesman told me the other day. Hope they come out with one soon.:Coffee:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackslapper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackslapper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png