New Stallions

It just makes you wander who is running the company. I love the Stallion and would buy another one when I get ready to get something new. But is doesn't look like I will get a new one.

Spent time with Jeff (TMS) at Daytona today and there is "nothing" in the works for the Stallion right now. Not what I or others wanted to hear but, everything is on hold right now for further evaluation of the future.

Tomg

I just got off the phone with Richard and he said the same thing. I was talking to him about the wiring for my headlight change. He said to find a 2007 Ford Ranger electrical manual and everything is wired per that manual on the Stallion. I just got one off of e-bay. Rick

Spent time with Jeff (TMS) at Daytona today and there is "nothing" in the works for the Stallion right now. Not what I or others wanted to hear but, everything is on hold right now for further evaluation of the future.

Tomg

Tom you know what that means. They were looking at what the market is for the Stallion. I believe they think they can not sell enough to warrant the re-engineering and changes necessary to put it back in production. Unless something unusual happens I believe the Stallion is what there is.

Ted, are you saying that we are now the proud owners of what could go the way of the Edsel, or DeLorean? :mad::xzqxz::D

Ted, are you saying that we are now the proud owners of what could go the way of the Edsel, or DeLorean? :mad::xzqxz::D

Yep but if we all hang together we should be able to keep them going for a long long time. After all they are basically a Ford Ranger on 3 wheels and a fancy body.

:( Well that just sucks. I found a trike that is very cool fun to drive and comfortable on long trips but unable to trade it in down the road for a new one. Oh well, maybe someone will start building something similar.

They were looking at what the market is for the Stallion. I believe they think they can not sell enough to warrant the re-engineering and changes necessary to put it back in production. Unless something unusual happens I believe the Stallion is what there is.

What is frustrating is that I was told by Jeff, one year ago at Bike Week, that yes there will be a Stallion in the future (when asked “is this the end of the Stallion”?) An explanation of what engines they were experimenting with that would fit etc, Humm? That’s corporate American for ya . . .

At one time I was a prospective Stallion buyer. Couldn't find one I liked and new ones either were non-existence or on a long back order, if memory serves me.
Once I found out Polaris was bringing out a Slingshot I went that route after checking them out.
I can see where Motor Trike may be having a problem justifying continuing the Stallions due to production issues & the current market. I do wish them the best & really hope that they can resume production cause I do feel there is a place for them in the world of three wheels.
Larry

Here's an interesting article from some years back when the Stallion was first introduced. Quite a contrast between what the original dream was and the present status. The article is on pages 70 and 71.

http://archives.wingworldmag.com/de...December2008-WEB.pdf#page=70&zoom=80,-609,782

Actually Jef pretty much full-filled that dream. He infact did convert to plastic bodies in late 2008/ early 2009 and he pretty much had no problem selling everyone he was able to build with the drive trains that FORD was able to supply. I have an educated guess that about 900 have been built and sold in the 5 years of production. I just don't think that they want to put the money into the redesign that would be necessary to accommodate a different engine/drive train. Even if the body was not changed parts of the frame would have to be and most of the wiring and other engine related electronics. For sales of 150 to 200 units a year is it worth it. This is just my thoughts Jeff may have a completely different plan.

Tomg

Tom, did Jeff say anything about the availability or not of crucial Stallion components in the future for us owners? Sure would hate to see our "parts department" go by the way side.

Florida Stallion

I just got off the phone with Richard and he said the same thing. I was talking to him about the wiring for my headlight change. He said to find a 2007 Ford Ranger electrical manual and everything is wired per that manual on the Stallion. I just got one off of e-bay. Rick

I noticed your Vin # and thought I'd inform you I have a yellow Stallion 816.ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png