I found a grease fitting On my 2014 Trike

Aug 8, 2014
PA
Purchased a Seat, Road Zeppelin Air Adjustable, while finishing the installation, I dropped the screw that secures the seat. So I jacked Trike up, looking for the screw that I know didn't hit the floor, I rotated the back tires thinking the screw could have gotten stuck in the rear sprocket, while rotating I see at least one grease fitting on the rear belt sprocket, I though there weren't any grease fittings, guess I was wrong. Just a heads up for others. Found the screw and everything in working fine.

Purchased a Seat, Road Zeppelin Air Adjustable, while finishing the installation, I dropped the screw that secures the seat. So I jacked Trike up, looking for the screw that I know didn't hit the floor, I rotated the back tires thinking the screw could have gotten stuck in the rear sprocket, while rotating I see at least one grease fitting on the rear belt sprocket, I though there weren't any grease fittings, guess I was wrong. Just a heads up for others. Found the screw and everything in working fine.

Next time you take that screw out , Cut a piece of plastic the size of a quarter slit the center and with the screw still on the seat tab' push it on the screw, And the screw will stay with the seat.ThumbUp

Might want to read your owners manual about that. My 2011 manual says that is greased at the factory and does NOT need greased for the life of the part. I could be wrong, but I don't think the 2014s are any different than the 2011s on that particular part.

Might want to read your owners manual about that. My 2011 manual says that is greased at the factory and does NOT need greased for the life of the part. I could be wrong, but I don't think the 2014s are any different than the 2011s on that particular part.

You are right, nothing has changed. The grease is added when the differential is built, with none to be added after that. I wonder how many have saw it and gave it a few pumps of grease, they should have just removed the grease fitting and put a plug in.

What I hate about the 14-15 MY there is not a fitting on the steering head...
Yep, and I do believe that Harley says that the 14s and 15s steering neck bearings should be replaced at 25,000 miles. Witch means tearing the front end apart to do it. So the guys that don't do their own work are going to have to pay to have this done and I would think that would be pretty labor intensive!!

Yep, and I do believe that Harley says that the 14s and 15s steering neck bearings should be replaced at 25,000 miles. Witch means tearing the front end apart to do it. So the guys that don't do their own work are going to have to pay to have this done and I would think that would be pretty labor intensive!!

Every 25,000 they have to be serviced, they inspect and grease and only replace if needed. The crappy part is what all has to come apart to service them, it won't be a cheap date. Figure remove front wheel, fender, inner and outer fairing and the triple trees. Like you said, labor intensive.

Every 25,000 they have to be serviced, they inspect and grease and only replace if needed. The crappy part is what all has to come apart to service them, it won't be a cheap date. Figure remove front wheel, fender, inner and outer fairing and the triple trees. Like you said, labor intensive.

That might be time to put in EZ steering triple trees from the Zook ! If he has them for the '14/'15's.
Many won't be changing those until they get really bad I bet.

That might be time to put in EZ steering triple trees from the Zook ! If he has them for the '14/'15's.
Many won't be changing those until they get really bad I bet.

Yes Sir....^^^^THAT^^^^
If and when mine is took apart the bearings will be replaced...

Ya, I think they dropped the ball on this one. I can't imagine taking a $32000 car in to the dealership at 25000 miles and have tear the front end apart just to service a bearing! To me this is just a little gimme to the dealers from Harley for their service departments. :(

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky64

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky64
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png