Throttle Cable

pddgm

90+ Posts
May 15, 2014
Sunrise Beach, MO
Went to start the trike today and first my battery was dead, then got it charged and went to start it and the throttle cable broke. I see a 15 ft replacement cable on line for 70 bucks. I am hoping there is a cheaper one available. Also has anyone ever replaced one on a Road Hawk. I called the factory, but Marv the parts guy was gone for the day. I am guessing it's not that difficult, but looks like I will have to remove the rear wheel to access the back of the engine shroud. Also any suggestions as to the best way to jack it up..

Joe

Thanks, Pete. After waiting most of the morning for Roadsmith (they made my trike) to return my call or email and not hearing from them. I took the bull by the horns and removed the old cable, turns out the outer covering was 9 ft 6 inches and the complete cable was 13 ft 6 inches. I called a couple of local bike shops and a place called H S Cycles took the old inner cable out and cleaned the inside of the outer covering with degreaser and air. He then made me an inner cable with ball. Price was fair and it only took about 30 minutes. I installed it and all in good in my trike world....

Joe

http://www.gokartsupply.com/index.html
I'm running one from these folks /\ /\
They carry 12 foot cables, but could likely make one 15 foot if that's what you need.
Depending on your throttle end being ball or barrel style, you might be able to make one work...?
Good luck.

This is the best throttle cable kit I've found. $45.00 for 15 foot length and a lot of fittings, etc.

http://www.venhillusa.com/venhill-un...cable-kit.html

View attachment 26460

These are both some excellent links for cables.

That is something that can be tough to find locally for a lot of people and these links should help many many fellow trikers!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png