Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
I'm planning on building a V-8 trike, but I have a few questions. I'd like to stay with a rigid frame with a suspended seat, keep is short, (preferably with no driveshaft, just trans. to axle) I've considered using suspension but I'm not sure how to go about it, and not get negative body roll. ( trike leaning left/outside, or a right hand turn.) If usig suspension, I've consisdered both solid rear axle with springs, and Independant rear suspensions.

Also, I'm not sure of a good front end to use, I'm trying not to break the bank, but don't want to hit a pothole and wind up pole vaulte into a guardrail either. Are Goldwing or Silverwing front ends stong enough, or am I going to have to buy a custom front? Can I go with a wider front wheel, or will it completely change the handling and steering of the trike?

Sorry I'm so long winded, just trying to get a decent start.
I'm starting a build as well and putting a 460 BB in it. I have talked with folks and have come up with buying a Mustang GT 8.8" rear end and subframe then building off of that. That way I get the independent rear suspension and a sturdy frame work. I haven't made it to the front end yet.