More mods to my FW

Jul 5, 2010
Minnesota
Stopped in MS at DK Customs and met Kevin and his partner Devon (as well as Kevin's wonderful wife Mary).

Floor board kit. Moves them out from the motor. I've done this to two other bikes and loved the result. Less felt heat, more natural position. (click on photo's to enlarge)

Mac Air. about the same size as the small compressor I carry. Makes airing up the shocks, or down, allot easier. Flick of the switch and I can add a few lbs or drop a few. Can dial in the ride in seconds.

Tank lift. Simple mode that makes a huge difference. Allot more air over the jugs. Allot less air coming upwards into my face (70% drop or so).

I highly recommend all of these as things to do to your FW.

Here it is home and cleaned up. Love the way I can change to look with a simple removal or addition of a few items.

Re: More modes to my FW

While in the Bike week area I also had Cirius LED lights added to the engine guard. These are some bright little lights!

Daytime along side a TG.

The other thing I added is the Kuryakyn "The Sound of Chrome" amplified speakers. I had the black ones put on. (Part number 832). I can hear it just fine at 70 mph.

Attachments

• soc.jpg
    soc.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 121

1k mile service done. the @40 mile ride from the dealership at about 40f was a bit cool though. Had Bel-Ray put in the tranny. As was the case in my last 4 Harley's it was noticeable quieter. Took a lonely stretch back and let the FW run. It's quicker and faster than my 09 TG was...:D

hi keystone.. the trike looks awesome.. but whats the thing hanging down on the left hand side below the trike??

- - - Updated - - -

is the tank lift the same front and back.. i notice how much wind is wasted comming up over the tank and it blows water there in wet conditions. it anoys me and it would be a lot better going across the top of the engine...
looks like an inch or so at least

hi keystone.. the trike looks awesome.. but whats the thing hanging down on the left hand side below the trike??- - - Updated - - -

is the tank lift the same front and back.. i notice how much wind is wasted comming up over the tank and it blows water there in wet conditions. it anoys me and it would be a lot better going across the top of the engine...
looks like an inch or so at least

That would be the parking brake. Works allot better than the one that was on the Tri Glide in 2009 thru 2013.

1.5" lift in the front. Can't recall the size in the rear but It's not as much. It does allow more of the air to flow under the tank which should help with cooling.

thank you for the tips.. great mods!!!

Stopped in MS at DK Customs and met Kevin and his partner Devon (as well as Kevin's wonderful wife Mary).

Floor board kit. Moves them out from the motor. I've done this to two other bikes and loved the result. Less felt heat, more natural position. (click on photo's to enlarge)

Mac Air. about the same size as the small compressor I carry. Makes airing up the shocks, or down, allot easier. Flick of the switch and I can add a few lbs or drop a few. Can dial in the ride in seconds.

Tank lift. Simple mode that makes a huge difference. Allot more air over the jugs. Allot less air coming upwards into my face (70% drop or so).

I highly recommend all of these as things to do to your FW.

Here it is home and cleaned up. Love the way I can change to look with a simple removal or addition of a few items.

thank you for the great post. I am so new to all this. Been riding 2 wheels since 1982 but first time on 3 wheels due to an incurable hip injury. Any thing that helps the comfort, handling , go fast etc I would love to know about .

thank you for the great post. I am so new to all this. Been riding 2 wheels since 1982 but first time on 3 wheels due to an incurable hip injury. Any thing that helps the comfort, handling , go fast etc I would love to know about .

Welcome to TT Rick!ThumbUp

Ask away. Comfort is subject to personal likes so what may be great to you might not be so good for me. I have Anklyosing Spondylitis and Psoriatic Arthritis. A very firm seat is real important to me. Others might prefer a plush seat. As of right now there are only two off the shelf seats for the FW. The stock OEM and the FW Sundowner. I am using the Sundowner right now as the OEM seat put me way to far forward.

Welcome to TT Rick!ThumbUp

As of right now there are only two off the shelf seats for the FW. The stock OEM and the FW Sundowner. I am using the Sundowner right now as the OEM seat put me way to far forward.

There's more than two Keystone, I put a 'Tallboy' seat on mine shortly after buying it last fall. ;)

There's more than two, I put a 'Tallboy' seat on mine shortly after buying it last fall. ;)

Would it be possible for you to post a part number for the seat you installed? Do you have any pics of the seat on your trike w/o backrest?
Thank you,

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png