DIfficulty knowing which handlebars will fit 2015 Freewheeler trike.

DIfficulty knowing which handlebars will fit 2015 Freewheeler trike.

Never had a bike / trike with electronic throttle control before. Nor cruise control and reverse. I'm just a former stripped down chopper guy who is on his first trike. I am totally confused as to which handle bars will fit the FLRT freewheeler. I had a set of z type ape handlebars on my last bike and I miss that type of outlaw style. Is electronic throttle control the same as fly by wire . ?? I want some new bars but have no clue where to start. Any information on where to get bars or who would know what type works would be deeply appreciated. I don't plan to do much to this trike. Just a rear fender rack at some point , stage 1, back rest, windshield and handle bars. HD has all the other accessories but no bars I like. Thank you for your time. Missedem Rick

Basically if they fit on a road king they will fit on the FW. That does not mean that you will not have to lengthen any wire(s), cable(s) ect. The FW appears to have enough slack in the clutch line and wiring to go with 14" mini apes without and modifications. I want taller bars that come back 1.5". Will do that this winter.

Bars for a Freewheeler.

Never had a bike / trike with electronic throttle control before. Nor cruise control and reverse. I'm just a former stripped down chopper guy who is on his first trike. I am totally confused as to which handle bars will fit the FLRT freewheeler. I had a set of z type ape handlebars on my last bike and I miss that type of outlaw style. Is electronic throttle control the same as fly by wire . ?? I want some new bars but have no clue where to start. Any information on where to get bars or who would know what type works would be deeply appreciated. I don't plan to do much to this trike. Just a rear fender rack at some point , stage 1, back rest, windshield and handle bars. HD has all the other accessories but no bars I like. Thank you for your time. Missedem Rick

Fat Baggers has pre-wired bars for Freewheelers. They Run about $800.00. They are 2 piece and come with extensions for the clutch and brake. They state they are plug and play. I've been looking for a set myself. My problem is I added a Batwing fairing to mine so it makes it harder to find the right ones. Hope that helps.

Fat Baggers has pre-wired bars for Freewheelers. They Run about $800.00. They are 2 piece and come with extensions for the clutch and brake. They state they are plug and play. I've been looking for a set myself. My problem is I added a Batwing fairing to mine so it makes it harder to find the right ones. Hope that helps.

Phil... Welcome to Trike Talk..👍👍..

I did the kromewerks 2 + 2. The electronic throttle (fly by wire) cable was plenty long enough. The 2 CAN lines required extensions. Plug and play extensions are readily available on line. I bought American made ones off eBay for less than 50 bucks. As I recall there were tons of made in China knockoffs on Amazon and eBay. My opinion is steer clear of those.

Any significant change in bars is going to require those if you are going to be particular about how you run and secure cables going to a moving part.

I couldn’t find any mention of brake and clutch line extensions for a Freewheeler on their website. The extensions I saw coupled the banjo fittings and would work with (be hidden by) a fairing. Maybe I’m missing something. Regardless, they may work fine on yours with the batwing.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png