Change foot peg / brake location?

Hello! Its been a while since I last posted on triketalk.

I've been thinking of buying an older Spyder. Are there mod kits to move (add) foot pegs and foot-brake forward about 10 to 14 inches? I know that might just be possible, since I moved the foot linkages 4" forward (foot pad and brake) on my V-Star 1100 trike, which I outfitted with a "home-made stabilizer frame for rubber-torsion mounted outriggers" (14" training wheels).

:)John

1st..I would recommend the newer model spyder with the 1330 engine
2nd. The only thing I know is that is out there is a hand brake..nothing to move the foot brake.

1st..I would recommend the newer model spyder with the 1330 engine

2nd. The only thing I know is that is out there is a hand brake..nothing to move the foot brake.

Thanks, triker, for the speedy response. Tell me more about about the foot brake/hand brake conversion. Who makes the conversion? I bet I could jury-rig foot pads, so I can place my feet more forward.

If I could afford the 1330, I'd get the F3 auto tranny series, but money allocated elsewhere.

John

Last edited:
You probably could. I installed one and all it does is push/pull on the existing brake actuator at the foot. And I had to do some re-fabbing to make the kit work. They supply another cover for the backside of the handle bars and it was way off. But I knew if I didn't put the thing on I'd fail to hit the foot brake because I just don't use the foot brake on my hog and rarely ride the Spyder. That's the wife's baby now even though we got it for me. She flippin stole it.:D

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Balcy24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Balcy24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png