killing the cat

I have a 2015 Freewheeler. I purchased a "decated" head pipe for my FLRT on ebay. I then mounted two of the large O2 sensor bungs up near the head inlets - I have adaptors to allow for the smaller stock O2 sensors to be mounted to those bungs. I then sent the modified headpipe down to a place in Columbus, Ohio to have it ceramic coated inside and out in 2000 degree black.

The whole endeavor cost me approximately $243.00 and I have yet to install it - its on my list of things to get done this spring.

If you are wondering about the second set of bungs...well, I have read and been told that sometimes the stock placement of the O2 sensors on a "decated" headpipe can "cross-talk" and that will effect performance. So, being able to relocate them up the header pipes can eliminate that, if it happens. I decided to have them setup for the larger O2 sensors and use adapters because it means my headpipe can now mount either and is open for use with virtually all of the tuner systems out there.......

Springman

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png