Picked Up My Roadsmith Trike Today..... Embarrassed

First ride today on my trike and thought: "Oh my god, what did I do."
The conversion people must of thought as I was leaving: "What a Idiot"

I only tried a couple other brands of trikes for a short distance and today when I mounted my Goldwing with the RS kit, I just couldn't get the feeling of keeping my feet on the pegs and just steer.
Iwas on the lawn, off the lawn, then finally got it on the blacktop going in a straight line. :AGGHH:

I seen drunk'in sailors drive better then that......:cxtv:

I had to ride 83 miles back home and stopped half way in a large parking lot to practice turning etc.

One word after I rode better: AWESOME :clapping:

well at least you DID master the trike before you got home :clapping:. Now is there a video of this ?? I think we all had some problems at first ( if the truth be known ) some funnier than others !! Congrats on your choice of trike kit, the best there is out there, just my 2 cents!! Ride safe and enjoy !!

Yeah it is quite a trick to get the hang of it, isn't it? It is worth the learning though. As you I too went to a parking lot to practice turns and stops. Congrats on the new trike, you will love it.....someday.
Good luck
Kent

My wife kept laughing at me. I keep trying to lean for a few days other than that it was easy for me. I still try to lean at times but I catch myself before my wife would start again.
You will get it and like you said, awesome

Easy way to get used to a trike right away.
Its just push/pull for the steering. Don't lean, all you might do is fall off the trike??
No need to put your feet down. Now that might be the hardest to overcome for the 1st few miles. Unless one has floor boards. The foot pegs were very weird feeling for me. Honda for whatever reason hasn't improved them at all ever. They are to me useless. Took them off right away. Use the floor boards.
Not to polish my own buttons. But I did a 1.5 mile lap around my complex at 30 mph. Then hit the Interstate. For me it was as natural as riding 2 wheels.
Nothing personal but I would have liked to see you take off too. Sometimes a good laff at anothers expense is well worth it.:D

First ride today on my trike and thought: "Oh my god, what did I do."
The conversion people must of thought as I was leaving: "What a Idiot"

I only tried a couple other brands of trikes for a short distance and today when I mounted my Goldwing with the RS kit, I just couldn't get the feeling of keeping my feet on the pegs and just steer.
Iwas on the lawn, off the lawn, then finally got it on the blacktop going in a straight line. :AGGHH:

I seen drunk'in sailors drive better then that......:cxtv:

I had to ride 83 miles back home and stopped half way in a large parking lot to practice turning etc.

One word after I rode better: AWESOME :clapping:

CONGRATS MIKE!!!!!

It only gets better from here on. A month from now we wouldn't be able to pick you out of a crowd of veteran trikers.... :D:D Really, you will be surprised how easy it is in a pretty short time frame.

Ride Safe my Friend !!!! :xszpv::xszpv:

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and encouragement, it just was embarrassing to drive on some ones lawn.

Would love to ride together someday with each and everyone.

I sure don't know how some of you diehards cyclist keep to rides in your stables and can switch between 2 and 3 wheels in a instant, good cycle riders I guess.

See you all enjoying your trikes, I know I will.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and encouragement, it just was embarrassing to drive on some ones lawn.

I sure don't know how some of you diehards cyclist keep to rides in your stables and can switch between 2 and 3 wheels in a instant, good cycle riders I guess.

Here's a tip for ya that helped me.... in turns use your outside foot to push down on the outside of the curve.... it helps you not lean and you'll feel more stable.... Congrats & see you down the road....

Best wishes to you and your new trike. Sounds like your getting the "hang" of it already. Experiment a little to find out what works for you. The parking lot practice is a good start.

Couple hundred miles on the road, you'll be comfortable - couple thousand, you'll be an "expert".

Let us know how you're doing... ThumbUp

"I sure don't know how some of you diehards cyclist keep to rides in your stables and can switch between 2 and 3 wheels in a instant, good cycle riders I guess.

See you all enjoying your trikes, I know I will.[/QUOTE]"

Actually, after 500 miles or so you will be vary comfortable. JUST REMEMBER HOW WIDE YOU ARE !!! Lots of fenders have been damaged at gas stations. :)

Switching between two wheels and three is seamless for me. I can jump from one to the other and, so far (knocking vigorously on wood), and haven't forgotten to put my foot down on the two wheeler or made some other silly mistake.

Soon enough its going to become second nature and your first days will be a distant memory.
Get out there ride safe and enjoy your new wheels.

Its all Push and Pull now, No leaning! Once you get used to it you will love it.ThumbUp

When I picked up my GL1500 after having a Roadsmith conversion, The dealer took me on about a 90 minute training session. It helped a lot. When I was first learning, I found it easier to lean when turning. He told me to really exagerate my lean towards the side I was turning. This forced me to remember to turn the handlebar in the right direction as I had to push and pull them to lean that far.

Easy way to get used to a trike right away.
Its just push/pull for the steering. Don't lean, all you might do is fall off the trike??
No need to put your feet down. Now that might be the hardest to overcome for the 1st few miles. Unless one has floor boards. The foot pegs were very weird feeling for me. Honda for whatever reason hasn't improved them at all ever. They are to me useless. Took them off right away. Use the floor boards.
Not to polish my own buttons. But I did a 1.5 mile lap around my complex at 30 mph. Then hit the Interstate. For me it was as natural as riding 2 wheels.
Nothing personal but I would have liked to see you take off too. Sometimes a good laff at anothers expense is well worth it.:D

I was told not to put body weight on the floor boards that to use the foot pegs to mount and dismount the bike and I hate the pegs if this is not so should I remove them, thanks in advance.

I don't how you fellows feel about riding a trike, but the more I ride, the more I feel safer then two wheels.

For instance coming to a complete stop.
How many times on two wheels were your to lazy to shift into a lower gear and drop your feet and
stoop instead of coming to a complete stop.

Another is sand and gravel.
Sure you still have to be a wear of it's presents, with 3 wheels there seems to be control.

Even a minor collision you have a better chance of staying on the bike with three wheels.

Hang in there...LOL
Hey, when I did ours, I almost sold the darn thing the next week. Absolutely HATED it...LOL
After a few runs, I started getting better with it.
After a 1000 miles, I wouldn't trade it for anything....and yes; I'm one of those riders that switch from the trike to an FJR1300 sport tourer and think nothing of it now.
HOWEVER, the FJR has gotten less than 700 miles of run time. The trike: well over 5000 in the same timeframe.
It takes some getting used to, but once you do, you'll be OK.

I was told not to put body weight on the floor boards that to use the foot pegs to mount and dismount the bike and I hate the pegs if this is not so should I remove them, thanks in advance.

Have you thought about switching the pegs out for some floor boards? They will support you and give you plenty of foot room.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png