Need your opinion on Motolight fender mounted driving lights...

Re: Need your opinion on Motolight fender mounted driving lights...

I don't have a Wing but I do have it's cousin, a Valkyrie.

I have the Motolights installed on the lower front forks as seen on the Motolight web site. I think they do a great job! Very bright! Between the motolights and the main head light, the triangular formation they produce is definitely more noticeable than the standard headlight / driving light combination, imho.

How-ever, I have to say that I also have my driving lights on as well just to be noticed even more so.

I have heard that there's supposed to be another company that is now offering high intensity LED lights which mount in the same location as the Motolights. I haven't heard of anyone who has tried them at present.

I don't have a Wing but I do have it's cousin, a Valkyrie.

I have the Motolights installed on the lower front forks as seen on the Motolight web site. I think they do a great job! Very bright! Between the motolights and the main head light, the triangular formation they produce is definitely more noticeable than the standard headlight / driving light combination, imho.

How-ever, I have to say that I also have my driving lights on as well just to be noticed even more so.

I have heard that there's supposed to be another company that is now offering high intensity LED lights which mount in the same location as the Motolights. I haven't heard of anyone who has tried them at present.

Thanks Rich,

I just spoke to Tina at Motolight and she told me that they have a kit for GL1800, which allows you to mount them to fender bolts.

https://www.motolight.com/index.php?...SC&moreinfo=60

Besides longer harness and the switch, that kit also includes longer fender bolts, which will replace factory bolts...no drilling at all.

Even though the photo on their site shows lights mounted to the lower fender bolts, Tina said that it can also be mounted to the upper fender bolts. I'd prefer mounting them to the upper bolts, so there is no interference with my fog lights installed in the cowl. Also, IMO they'd look better mounted higher. The price for this kit in chrome with 50w bulbs is $485.

Let me know what you think.

Best regards,

That is one beautiful trike you have!!!!

The Motolights are definitely a quality set! I'm sure they'll blend in and accent your ride. The location you mention for mounting looks like a perfect spot after I reviewed your photos. Let us know when they're installed.

The Motolights are definitely a quality set! I'm sure they'll blend in and accent your ride. The location you mention for mounting looks like a perfect spot after I reviewed your photos. Let us know when they're installed.

Thanks again Rich, I'll definitely post new pics when it's done. All I need now is to get an OK from my wife...lol.
Not another $500 :mad:

Best regards,

Rich, I spoke to Motolight people today and confirmed that they can only be mounted to the lower fender bolts, because the boss off the fork is there. On the top, there is no boss, therefore the light would vibrate and hurt the fender.

So, if I do that, I hope it will look good with the cowl fog lights and will not interfere with the triple Lighted Fork Tower Accents by Kuryakyn that I have already installed.

What do you think?

Best regards,

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png