Passenger Running Board problem

clint44

Rider
Jun 3, 2011
tx
I took my wife to our local dealer today,for her to see and sit on a FW. Like a lot of women,she has long legs and with her feet on the passenger floor boards,her knees are higher than her hips. That's not going to work for anything but a short trip so has anyone come up with a way to allow more adjustability on the passenger boards? Our former Boss Hoss trike had fully adjustable driver floorboards and I might have to design something similar for the FW,if nothing else is available.

according to my owners manual the passenger floorboard has three adjustment positions. If the lowest setting does not work, hopefully there will be some method of further adjustment available soon. I have not researched it but if harley does not have something the after market might..

according to my owners manual the passenger floorboard has three adjustment positions. If the lowest setting does not work, hopefully there will be some method of further adjustment available soon. I have not researched it but if harley does not have something the after market might..

Wow, you learn something new all the time.....

I never knew the stock rear boards adjusted, I have to look into that.

Thanks,

Springman

The OEM passenger boards are adjustable. There are three positions and I think mine were in the top position. I lowered them to the lowest position but had to ream out the hole in the floorboard bracket slightly to get the bolt in on both sides.

Sunman

The OEM passenger boards are adjustable. There are three positions and I think mine were in the top position. I lowered them to the lowest position but had to ream out the hole in the floorboard bracket slightly to get the bolt in on both sides.
Sunman

Can you give us an estimate as to how much lower your passenger boards are now,compared to the top position? I was looking at a FW's rear boards today and wasn't sure they can be lowered very much. If I have to,I'll do a limited run of new running board brackets,cnc machined.

Can you give us an estimate as to how much lower your passenger boards are now,compared to the top position? I was looking at a FW's rear boards today and wasn't sure they can be lowered very much. If I have to,I'll do a limited run of new running board brackets,cnc machined.

Only 1-3/4" adjustment.

Sunman

Harley also sells adjustable pass floorboard mounts ... you can mount them on the lowest spot, about 1.5" lower and then you can adjust lower ... I forget how much ... also you can move them forward a little

#50768-07A Part number for the ones I have ... doesn't say fits trike ... but they do ... same mount.

Kinda Pricy ... but good looking billet.

Wow, you learn something new all the time.....

I never knew the stock rear boards adjusted, I have to look into that.

Thanks,

Springman

Check in the owner's manual. There are 2 bolts in the bracket. You remove the top bolt, only loosen the bottom bolt and slide the bracket up or down so that the top bolt hole in the bracket lines up with one of the three bolt holes in the frame depending on what level you want the floorboard at. Tighten both bolts and you are good to go.

Sunman

Harley also sells adjustable pass floorboard mounts ... you can mount them on the lowest spot, about 1.5" lower and then you can adjust lower ... I forget how much ... also you can move them forward a little

#50768-07A Part number for the ones I have ... doesn't say fits trike ... but they do ... same mount.

Kinda Pricy ... but good looking billet.

Thanks for that info,Fuzzy. I'll check them out.

I took my wife to our local dealer today,for her to see and sit on a FW. Like a lot of women,she has long legs and with her feet on the passenger floor boards,her knees are higher than her hips. That's not going to work for anything but a short trip so has anyone come up with a way to allow more adjustability on the passenger boards? Our former Boss Hoss trike had fully adjustable driver floorboards and I might have to design something similar for the FW,if nothing else is available.

So much for building the sexiest Hannigan trike out there (next to mine) ;)...

So much for building the sexiest Hannigan trike out there (next to mine) ;)...

Sorry,my friend. I guess you and JT will just have to enjoy being the Top Dogs.
Sherry and I really like the FW and customizing ours is gonna be a blast.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png