handlebar vibrations on 2007 Honda Goldwing with Lehman straight axel kit

Mar 11, 2012
San Antonio
handlebar vibrations on 2007 Honda Goldwing with Lehman straight axel kit

Wondering if anyone can offer suggestions on this.....I'm having vibrations in the handlebars at all speeds on the trike. This is my 3rd trike, I didn't have this issue with the first two.

• recently purchased a 2007 Goldwing with Lehman straight axel kit on it.
  • 16,000 miles on the bike.
  • New front tire (Michelin Pilot). Was new when I purchased the bike.
  • rake kit.
  • using rubber hand grips
  • running 40 psi air pressure
  • bike runs straight, no pulling to either side
  • bike runs great other than this issue

Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

Thanks.

Wondering if anyone can offer suggestions on this.....I'm having vibrations in the handlebars at all speeds on the trike. This is my 3rd trike, I didn't have this issue with the first two.

• recently purchased a 2007 Goldwing with Lehman straight axel kit on it.
  • 16,000 miles on the bike.
  • New front tire (Michelin Pilot). Was new when I purchased the bike.
  • rake kit.
  • using rubber hand grips
  • running 40 psi air pressure
  • bike runs straight, no pulling to either side
  • bike runs great other than this issue

Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

Thanks.

Possible tire out of balance (add Dyna Beads, 2 oz.) , Cupping occuring to tire ( if MPA Rcd. 41 PSI) make sure its not the rear out of balance transfering thru the frame ... Just FYI

If you are experiencing a high frequency vibration, it could be that the previous owner, for whatever reason, failed to reinstall the handlebar weights.

i overlooked this when changing grips and that was the cause.

Dan

I have that tire on my two-wheeler on the front reversed it has vibration in a very limited speed range (28 -34 mph). It is more noticeable if you accelerate slowly but if you take off fast you don't notice it much. I had it balanced, didn't help ,used dyna beads ,didn't help . Read some other forums about this problem and have decided it's just the nature of the beast. I think the only way to fix it is to change the tire, or just wear the tire out. I've read that they only last 25 to 35k.Good luck fixing the problem!

Thanks to all for your responses. I will get the tire balanced first. If that doesn't work I will most likely put another tire on the bike. Sounds like some has had this issue with the MPA's.

Well sometimes the simplest solutions (and the most obvious) are the ones needed to solve a problem. I lowered the psi on the back tires to 22 (from 25), and raised the psi on the front tire to 41 (it was at 38.5). The "buzz" is almost gone. I went for a 100 mile ride and only felt the buzz at times when doing 70 mph and at lower speeds. Nothing like before. Thanks to all for their advise.

I have that tire on my two-wheeler on the front reversed it has vibration in a very limited speed range (28 -34 mph). It is more noticeable if you accelerate slowly but if you take off fast you don't notice it much. I had it balanced, didn't help ,used dyna beads ,didn't help . Read some other forums about this problem and have decided it's just the nature of the beast. I think the only way to fix it is to change the tire, or just wear the tire out. I've read that they only last 25 to 35k.Good luck fixing the problem!

I'm guessing you understand the rear tire mounted backward rotation on the front will likely make it ride a little rougher due to the rubber in the tire being much harder than the rubber in a regular front tire and the side walls are stouter?

Still I find incredible mileage worth the extra vibration.
I have 11,000 on my Harley elite Dunlop and see many more miles left before I need concern myself with it.

When this tire finally wears out I will do it again.

10614175_10153061949471995_2254225068941150373_n.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png